2015 tacoma-new inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Last one I looked at was $35k...whats the advantage again over a full size?

Costs the same, gets about the same mileage, half the utility.

I guess parking, they look easier to park.

Unless I'm a contractor or need the towing, I'll take a loaded mid size all day over a bare bones full size.

Options seem about the same.

Did Toyota finally stop being cheap SOB's and put discs on the back?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: garyb80
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Just not an economical truck in my eyes.

If you look at total cost of ownership, which includes depreciation and maintenance/repair costs, they are the most economical truck in it's class by far. Depreciation is the largest part of total cost of ownership, and no truck holds their resale value better.

That is the Toyota advantage, helped by the fact that Toyota doesn't seem to offer large manufacturer rebates, so you don't have to wonder if you could have got your truck for $8k less next week...

If you look at total cost of ownership, which includes depreciation and maintenance/repair costs, they are the most economical truck in it's class by far. Depreciation is the largest part of total cost of ownership, and no truck holds their resale value better.

I do look at TCO and that's exactly why I wouldn't buy a brand new vehicle with the hopes of reselling it 3-5 years later.

I do look at TCO and that's exactly why I wouldn't buy a brand new vehicle with the hopes of reselling it 3-5 years later.

I hear ya!
cheers3.gif
Some of my buddies seem like they are always driving a new car, huge waste of money. I bought my 06 Tacoma new with no intention of ever selling it. The only reason I bought new was I couldn't find a used one a whole lot cheaper than new. It's the only new car I've ever owned. It is nice to know that I have performed all of the maintenance from day 1 and it was done right. I'm closing in on 200,000 miles and the truck has never needed any major repair. Only maintenance and normal wear items like plugs, break pads, and batteries needed.

Last edited:
Happened to watch youtube last night for compact trucks comparisons. Came across the new 2015 GMC Canyon.; their SLT with leather looks heck a nice and yet the price is so close to Tacoma.... How are these GMC performing nowadays?

Originally Posted By: 2008wrx
Happened to watch youtube last night for compact trucks comparisons. Came across the new 2015 GMC Canyon.; their SLT with leather looks heck a nice and yet the price is so close to Tacoma.... How are these GMC performing nowadays?

The GMC Canyons sure look nice.

I have already put my deposit down on a Tacoma so if you buy a Canyon let's agree to meet back here on this forum in five years and compare our experiences.

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Originally Posted By: 2008wrx

The GMC Canyons sure look nice.

I have already put my deposit down on a Tacoma so if you buy a Canyon let's agree to meet back here on this forum in five years and compare our experiences.

haha i dont think i dare to compare. but who knows. BTW, when will the new Tacoma arrive at the USA dealers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back