2015 Odyssey - Most expensive brake service ever...

2 sets of twin girls on her own? She must be a saint.

I used the Raybestos EHT for 60k miles without issue, granted NE WI is pretty flat. We did take several trips to TN and FL that included mountain driving.

I now have Duralast pads and rotors, mainly because they went with the updated design of rotor with the cooling holes in the rotor hat. So far, so good. I had to switch vehicles with my wife, and she likes to stop late and keep pressure on the brake pedal at red lights. that habit is the biggest reason Odysseys have brake pulsation. If you can see an outline of brake pads on the rotor, the driver's habits are the root cause. The Acadia is starting to develop a slight shake, but I'm smart enough to not try to give her "advice" on her procedures.

Toyota and Honda both. Not sure about Nissan and Koreans, but I don't think it is any different. They are way undersized.
1. It keeps costs down.
2. Less unsprung weight improves mpg.
3. Possibility to use smaller wheels.

They calculate how the majority of drivers use these vans. Going to school, office. Some will tax brakes with mountain driving (me) and aggressive driving (me), but how many % of drivers is that?
Yeah even my LS430 has 4 piston front and 2 piston rear calipers, fixed at all 4, and teeny weeny rotors. Not only that, a huge stripe of shame on the rears near the hats, where the pad makes no contact. Contrast that to Germans where the entire rotor surface is swept by the pads. Everyone cuts corners but Japanese do hugely. They’ll focus on a floor mat clip rather than a power window switch or cup holder that costs $319 list whose arms break over and over and over

Back