2014-15 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Agreed. The Patriots short dink and dunk passing game to Vereen, Edelman and Gronk is going to give Seattle defense problems and Seattle just doesnt have enough offense this year. They got rid of both golden tate and percy harvin which were the main reasons of their struggles this year especially on the road!

Originally Posted By: grampi
that win was nothing but pure luck and anyone who says it wasn't is a SEA homer

Wait.

How many TD's did GB score?

Seahawks scored 28 points after half time. You are here and now telling me GB wasn't on the field?

Luck? Define luck? Like rolling dice. OK sure pure luck. You earlier had shown that you actually had seen how Seahawks win games, and then you forget. Now that is weird.

I don't think I have ever seen a coach sit on a lead as early in a game as McCarthy did

He is the one to blame
IMO

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Wait.

Seahawks scored 28 points after half time. You are here and now telling me GB wasn't on the field?

Luck? Define luck? Like rolling dice. OK sure pure luck. You earlier had shown that you actually had seen how Seahawks win games, and then you forget. Now that is weird.

Pablo, I give credit to your team for not quitting but yea there was a lot of luck involved in this win. It takes a lot of luck to come up with the onside kick and luckily they did. I mean there is usually no strategy involved with onside kicks is there? You just hope the other team makes a mistake and you capitalize on it and get lucky. That 2 point play after the touchdown was also a very lucky play. Wilson pretty much threw it up as a jump ball and luckily his player came up with it. Either of those plays dont happen and your team is sitting home right now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I don't think I have ever seen a coach sit on a lead as early in a game as McCarthy did

He is the one to blame
IMO

He does that way too much. He did that in the Atlanta game and played prevent defense in the second half. Matt Ryan torched them for nearly 30 points.

Originally Posted By: deven

Pablo, I give credit to your team for not quitting but yea there was a lot of luck involved in this win. It takes a lot of luck to come up with the onside kick and luckily they did. That 2 point play after the touchdown was also a very lucky play. Wilson pretty much threw it up as a jump ball and luckily his player came up with it. Either of those plays dont happen and your team is sitting home right now.

So they did get some got decent bounces in the last 4 minutes, but these were set up and controlled attempts - 2 pointer, on side kick recovery, beast runs, great passes, etc combined with just bone head stuff from GB.

Wilson knew exactly who he was passing to on the 2 pointer. It was NOT a jump ball. He did not throw to the cluster. Why the defender didn't go for the ball might have been an OK decision, but he had no answer after the ball was caught either. That's not exactly "luck". Maybe a little skill there.

On side kicks are risking propositions but they do work with some probability. 25% this year for Seattle.

I readily will admit we played like pooop the first 55 minutes. And the first half GB D was great. So was the O line for GB.

But you guys didn't watch Seattle play this year. We start slow and we just wear the other team down. At least tell me you watched Seattle Denver game earlier this year. And to those saying Seattle had a pansy schedule....huh???

I don't expect you to love and root for the Seahawks. That just would not make sense. But come on, don't overlook HOW they win.

I have nothing against Seattle, but clearly Seattle was very lucky to came up with the ball on onside kick after GB receiver lost the ball, also the 2 pointer was a lucky catch too not a precision throw and catch.

Until 5-6 minutes before the end of 4th quarter I thought that Seattle chance for another SB was over, but with some luck they are in for another chance to be champion again.

The Patriots are good at taking away a team's best player. There are two players on Seattle's offense who are dangerous. Lynch and Wilson. If the Patriots can limit the yards gained by Lynch and keep Russell Wilson contained they will have an excellent shot at winning.

Seattle has a great defense but the Patriots have a great offense also. And Seattle may have a hard time containing Gronk.

This game is going to be won in the red zone. Whomever goes there and kicks field goals will have a hard time winning this game. Seattle has one of the best red zone defense but their red zone offense is also one of the weaker ones so its prolly going to come down to how well Seattle contains the Patriots in the red zone.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Wait.

Luck in this case was scoring 3 TDs with miracle plays in the last 5 mins by a team that could only muster 7 points the prior 55 mins in a situation that could never be duplicated, or repeated again...if you can't see their win was nothing but pure luck, then you really are drinking the Kool-Aid...

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I have nothing against Seattle, but clearly Seattle was very lucky to came up with the ball on onside kick after GB receiver lost the ball, also the 2 pointer was a lucky catch too not a precision throw and catch.

Until 5-6 minutes before the end of 4th quarter I thought that Seattle chance for another SB was over, but with some luck they are in for another chance to be champion again.

There was no luck involved, it was all skill and all those miracle circus-like plays were planned that way....don't believe me? Just ask Pablo...

Luck in this case was scoring 3 TDs with miracle plays in the last 5 mins by a team that could only muster 7 points the prior 55 mins in a situation that could never be duplicated, or repeated again...if you can't see their win was nothing but pure luck, then you really are drinking the Kool-Aid...

In the Steelers v Texans game, the Steelers scored 20+ points in about 3 minutes, and didn't do much beyond those three minutes. Luck is part of the game, and I give Seattle credit for executing those plays.

^^^^^I rarely agree with Grampi but he nailed it here.^^^^ Take away Wilsons TD pass in OT and he was pitiful in this game. How many times has a team given up 5 turnovers and still won in an NFC championship game....uh never. The only place they won in this game was the final score but that's the bottom line, they won...and they won on pure unadulterated luck. We'll see if it holds up in two weeks.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
^^^^^I rarely agree with Grampi but he nailed it here.^^^^ Take away Wilsons TD pass in OT and he was pitiful in this game. How many times has a team given up 5 turnovers and still won in an NFC championship game....uh never. The only place they won in this game was the final score but that's the bottom line, they won...and they won on pure unadulterated luck. We'll see if it holds up in two weeks.

Luck will not get SEA a win vs NE...

nobody can argue about the hawks getting some lucky breaks.what's funny is that nobody mentioned green bay's lucky breaks. two of Wilson's pics can't be credited to great defensive plays by GB.he hit his receivers on the hands, and they tipped the ball right into the hands of the GB DB's.twice.dumb luck. it happens often, but it's still dumb luck. conditions were not great, but the winner goes to the superbowl.you 'gotta catch that ball.GB was "given" two more possessions, courtesy of dumb luck.
luck is part of the game in any sport, be it good or bad.
to the anti-seattle posters here -- look at both sides of the picture.
to clarify, I'm not a fan of either team. just being objective.
hopefully, we see a good superbowl.
have a good day.

Where does that logic stop? If Crosby missed all of his field goals, the Packers don't win.......... Since you can't take those things away, it seems pointless.

Not NFL, but the Buckeyes turned the ball over 4 times to Oregon, and won.

Originally Posted By: whip

Where does that logic stop? If Crosby missed all of his field goals, the Packers don't win.......... Since you can't take those things away, it seems pointless.

Not NFL, but the Buckeyes turned the ball over 4 times to Oregon, and won.

Crosby's FGs were hardly circus-like miracle plays like what SEA pulled off at the end of that game...poor example...

10933731_1585117325055001_4342278892898237473_n.jpg

Just a game folks...luck...skill...tactics...and a zillion other factors contribute (or take away) from the odds of winning.

It always surprises me how so may folks (well meaning) think that the opinion they have about who will win each game and why...is going to be a fact.

If any of us knew that...we'd be rich from sports betting.

Superbowl? Not an interest of mine. But, either team has a fair chance as nobody has a clue how it will transpire. But still...just a game and not a big deal in my life (no insult to those that love it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back