2013 Silverado 1500 5.3 Liter Oil Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Silverado Saga is over for me, or maybe just beginning anew. My mechanic removed the intake and replaced the sensor (sending unit) and the filter under it (which was clean). He did a general inspection and clean up of what was exposed while the intake was off (it was very clean under there). When the light came on again after putting it back together and clearing the code, his guy's ran diagnostics on the wiring and gauges, etc, and found everything was hunky dory. They removed the valve cover with the PCV valve and found it was the updated one that didn't cause almost a quart of oil every thousand miles to disappear though the valve and into the intake to be burned. After the light refused to stay off, I drove it out to where I bought the truck, and traded it for a 2016 with the same dang engine. I researched and found that at least the bottom end of the 2016s had changed and I checked the new truck to make sure it wasn't the dreaded "M code" (my mechanic tenses up every time someone says "M code"). Anyhoo, the service folks at the dealer changed the oil and cleared the code. It hadn't come back on after several parts and dinner runs over the few days they had it, so... I do like my new truck though. It does everything but rub my temples when I have a headache. By the time I was finished crying and whining, I actually financed a grand less than I did for the 2013, and I won the free extended warranty stand off at the end. They finally just threw it in without changing any of the other terms. I know, that no matter who you are, you take it in the shorts when you buy any vehicle from a car lot, but, in this case, my shorts only smoked for a few minutes after I left the dealer.

if i get a bad vehicle from a company-i learn my lesson and dont buy that brand again. no more subaru-no more general motors for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back