2013 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girlfriend just bought one a little over a week ago, boy do I love driving this thing!

The car has some real power behind it for around town driving, it's a complete blast. I never felt like I needed anymore power for a daily driver (maybe i've gone soft) and it really is fun to have a high reving car that still turns in acceptable gas mileage. I was pretty hard on the thing and the tank brought in 25MPG average.

I haven't driven a new Honda in quite some time but I was impressed with just about everything overall. The new civic refresh is very attractive. It's a nice looking car, especially the rear. The interior is solid, well built, and of high quality. It impressed me for sure. Seats are nice for short drives but got my back hurting after a good 20 minutes or so. Steering is good but a bit too light. The shifter and clutch are perfect, that matched with the high reving engine makes the car.

Not much else to say really, but I just thought I'd post about it since it's something I've been driving. Anyone else have any hands on experience with Si's? I hear the new 2.4L doesnt rev as high but has more torque down low which makes it a more enjoyable ride for everyday driving.

Last edited:
Nice!! I really like what Honda did for styling on the most recent update, and the Si really makes it look even better. I'm not normally a fan of white cars but that thing looks sharp! I love the new taillights. Have fun and stay out of trouble~!

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Nice!! I really like what Honda did for styling on the most recent update, and the Si really makes it look even better. I'm not normally a fan of white cars but that thing looks sharp! I love the new taillights. Have fun and stay out of trouble~!

It's hard to be easy on this thing, lol.

Nice car! I like the latest civic lines, as the accord, I think Honda is doing a good job making decent looking cars. I always think that spoilers on FWD vehicles are kind of stupid, but that one integrates well. Congrats! I think our next car will be white too.

Is there alot off msrp? I figured no being a nitch model thats highly liked

the 2014 forester is about 21k.

I just cant justify 20k+ for a civic.

that being said I think its a great car

Last edited:
Honda never budges on price, or at least it's tough. I don't think they came down too much off of MSRP. She wanted a stick shift again (her last car was her first auto ever) so she liked this one. As long as she's happy.
smile.gif

25mpg? My 2012 Accord V6 gets 27mpg and I hammer it. The Civic should do much better.

Sweet looking ride! Got any pics of the interior? Is the dash hard plastic or padded? Enjoy the new ride!

I absolutely love the styling of the new Civics, especially the rear end.

If they styled a hatch exactly off of this template again they'd see sales up here in Montreal skyrocket.

Hatchbacks are a very popular compromise up here, like Europeans, a lot of people try to have one car do everything, or fueling up an SUV or minivan isn't affordable.

I hear that the next Honda Fit isn't going to be ugly... So we'll see.

Again, awesome styling!

I saw a white '13 EX on the road the other day(no rear spoiler). It had the same wheels but, in GunMetal. Looked similar to jigen's pics. NICE!

Another feature(must'a been dealer installed) was a strip of Chrome on the lower rear chin/lip in the black area but, above the tail pipe(similar to the Accord). I really liked it!

Sharp looking in white with those wheels! Did you happen to take a look at the Acura ILX at all? I believe the higher end ones have the SI powertrain.

I was at work when it happened, so I didn't get a chance to look at anything with her really.

She was looking for a 2013 Accord Sport with a manual trans. No dealers had any on the lot so she'd have to order it. There was one Si left, she drove it, loved it, and came home with it. lol

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Sweet looking ride! Got any pics of the interior? Is the dash hard plastic or padded? Enjoy the new ride!

I didn't take any and the car is with her now. Lots of soft materials throughout the dash. There's some hard plastics here and there but they feel solid, much better than the 2009 Civic she had before this.

Her interior is identical to these pics, just without navigation:
2013-Honda-Civic-Si-Coupe-interior-1024x640.jpg

2013-honda-civic-si-sedan-interior-photo-489472-s-1280x782.jpg

2013-honda-civic-si-coupe-interior-photo-489565-s-1280x782.jpg

Originally Posted By: JetStar
Premium fuel only?

Yup, premium.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Sharp looking in white with those wheels! Did you happen to take a look at the Acura ILX at all? I believe the higher end ones have the SI powertrain.

I'm sure she'd love the car. I think they look great, you don't see too many on the road either.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: jigen
Honda never budges on price, or at least it's tough. I don't think they came down too much off of MSRP. She wanted a stick shift again (her last car was her first auto ever) so she liked this one. As long as she's happy.
smile.gif

They make like to give that impression but here's a 9th gen Accord price thread:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74939

Just skip to the last few pages for more up to date info. I believe the Accord Sport mt's are going for $21,800 plus tt&l.

How's the handling feel? Can the car be made to rotate with some gentle throttle work or does it basically resort to nothing but understeer? Can the stability control on these be completely defeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back