2012 WRX- Redline 5w-30 vs Mobil 0w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple Subaru owner here. I've had a 04 STi and currently a 12 WRX. Neither consumed very much oil. I used to use T6 but have since switched to GC 0-30. I've noticed my local Walmart has M1 0-40 on sale for
However, I'm under the impression not all M1 0-40's are the same. Looking over the internet, and multiple retailers it seems there are different packaging (some say European Car Formula. I'd like some clarification on exactly which 0-40 is being referred to.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-0W-40-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-Quart/23636902
^ the 5 qt deal is the Euro formula.

Just to be sure, this is the same thing referred to, correct? (sorry if I missed it)

It would be $20 cheaper than my usual GC this oil change, and readily available. GC is far (no local Autozones) and can be tough to track down.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you have an Advance Auto parts? My advance has been able to transfer in GC from another AAP store, even though they don't stock it or even are able to order it from the warehouse. They Also stock the 0w-40 Belgium Castrol now, which I've been running for a few months now. They have an OK deal on Syntec this month:

AAP Sales 10/13

Originally Posted By: RobS
Multiple Subaru owner here. I've had a 04 STi and currently a 12 WRX. Neither consumed very much oil. I used to use T6 but have since switched to GC 0-30. I've noticed my local Walmart has M1 0-40 on sale for
However, I'm under the impression not all M1 0-40's are the same. Looking over the internet, and multiple retailers it seems there are different packaging (some say European Car Formula. I'd like some clarification on exactly which 0-40 is being referred to.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-0W-40-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-Quart/23636902
^ the 5 qt deal is the Euro formula.

Just to be sure, this is the same thing referred to, correct? (sorry if I missed it)

It would be $20 cheaper than my usual GC this oil change, and readily available. GC is far (no local Autozones) and can be tough to track down.
Thanks.

Yes, it is the same product, use it with confidence
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for all the super quick replies guys. I almost religiously use GC 0W-30, but I feel compelled to jump on this deal.

I do have an AAP locally, thanks for the heads up on that transfer move, I'm sure that'll help me down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back