2011 Ford F150 with gas 6.2 liter, what oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: -SyN-
FX4: I seen the UOA within on of the F150 forums... To answer your question from what I remember, the wear #'s were very similar between the 2...

I do remember the operator liked this blend... For the fact he just had to buy 2 qts of Ultra {Synthetic} to extend his OCI to 10K miles... Which was what he averaged a yr... According to Polaris Labs he could have gone a bit further... I really don't know if that is achievable with just PYB? I have never seen a UOA doing so...

If my memory serves me right he had like 1qt make up oil during the 10K miles, which he used just plain PYB...

I can't remember how many miles he had on the 4.6L at that time...

FX4: I have read your posts over the last few months... You have proved what Newton has been preaching for a long time... We really don't need the High End Expensive Synthetics to Protect our Normal Everyday Drivers... Now the High Performance Modded Engines might be a different story...

I would use Mobil Super 5000 in a heart beat... I just have made up my small mind to use PYB next with a little dab of Ultra... Kinda like experimenting with a perfect recipe already...Just to possibly make it that much better? Ya just never know!

FX4 I respect what your doing... Keep it up! I'm one who just beats to a different drum...

I will say this: My grandfather sold Amsoil! My Father sold Amsoil part time as well as work for OG&E for 30yrs... He made a good part time income from Amsoil... I was brain washed into Amsoil... But after growing up and learning on my own and finding this forum and reading Newtons posts I really seen the light--{You Might Say}... Synthetics Oils and Gear Lubes have there place in the automotive world... Just not as much as with the average daily driver...

Keep up the great work fellas...

Now my next step is to look into a Fuel Additive that actually works to add with every fill up to clean and help keep clean the entire fuel system... If there is such a thing.

My opinion on this is that Amsoil allows you to obtain a good value if you use their products as a extended drain oil. That is what separates their product from the other boutique oils on the market.

That being said I am not interested in extending my OCI's any longer than the factory recommendation so I just use what I can buy locally at a price that I find acceptable.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Now my next step is to look into a Fuel Additive that actually works to add with every fill up to clean and help keep clean the entire fuel system... If there is such a thing.

Redline SI-1

Dave: The only reason why I was wanting to extend the OCI on this 5.4L is my son will be going to college next yr and I really don't know how many times he will come back home...

So I didn't want him to have to worry about the oil... Even though he loves to work on his truck...

Craig: Thanks for the advice on the Redline! I honestly think it is one of the most effective fuel cleaners... Only problem is there is no place in town that stocks it... I have to order it online... Which is no problem... I normally order 4 bottles and that last me all yr...

I normally use FP60 with a few ounces of TC-W3 every tank... But the FP60 by the Gallon + Shipping is getting expensive... And truthfully I wish I had positive proof it was actually keeping things clean... I switched to MMO and TC-W3 at the start of the summer... But still once again... No proof that the fuel system is being cleaned... Lubricated Yes! But Cleaned?

Maybe I just worry to much?

Once again: Mohican sorry for borrowing your thread... I will stop here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back