2010 chevy silverado ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2010 Silverado. It is on the info display. You use the mileage reset stem to go from one feature to the next on the display. You must be in park. It will say "oil life remaining 85%" or whatever the remaining life may be.

The truck has tons more features but GM used a limited feature display on the trucks. For instance you can't access MPG or tire presure even though the data exist.

I wonder if a scangage would display the additional features.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
I have a 2010 Silverado. It is on the info display. You use the mileage reset stem to go from one feature to the next on the display. You must be in park. It will say "oil life remaining 85%" or whatever the remaining life may be.

The truck has tons more features but GM used a limited feature display on the trucks. For instance you can't access MPG or tire presure even though the data exist.

Some vehicles don't have the "info display". They have only what I described above.

His truck is the basic so I'd bet (again) that is what he has.

Also, Where is the Park with my 5 speed manual? (and he may have a manual)

And NO the scanguage will not display the other info since its not OBD-II data.

Bill

I had a 2007 Silverado( NBS - same as a 2010 )and I could access all of that info in the DIC. MPG, Tire PSI( for each tire ), V4( AFM )on/off, and on and on. I had a 1LT trim level. When I got my truck the 1LT and higher models all came with the upgraded DIC. It is activated by push buttons on the dash( located on the left for 1LT & and believe 2LT and then on the right for LTZ models )vs pressing the stem on the cluster. While that may have changed as far as trim levels that get the standard vs upgraded DIC the info is accessable on the trucks.

Also, for relatively cheap $$$ you can get the upgraded DIC panel w/ buttons and it is a simple plug and play( was anyway as late as 09 models ). GM sold the kit which is the replacement dash panel w/ the buttons and the plug is already there. Just pop the old dash panel off, plug in that connector, snap the new dash panel in, and you are( were )good to go. Didn't even have to flash the BCM or anything.

The GM PART # used to be 19159438 and it would run you approx $75-$80.

EDIT - looks like my info is still correct. This was by application for 2010 Silverado...

http://www.genuinegm.com/partlocator/ind...;catalogid=5402

1LT/2LT Upgraded DIC Controls( left ):
BzbKCfEWkKGrHqVg0Ew5BgNMeBMW9v5Mg_3.jpg

LTZ DIC Controls( right ):
ltz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into that. I'll try it in park this afternoon.

On the G6 its an Info button on the head unit. Hit it a few times and it cycles through Trip A, Trip B, Fuel Left, Avg Spd, Avg MPG and OLM.

The Impala had the light that indicated it was due for an oil change.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Some vehicles don't have the "info display". They have only what I described above.

His truck is the basic so I'd bet (again) that is what he has.

Also, Where is the Park with my 5 speed manual? (and he may have a manual)

And NO the scanguage will not display the other info since its not OBD-II data.

Bill

I do not believe GM offers a manual shift on the trucks any more....

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere

I do not believe GM offers a manual shift on the trucks any more....

And you are correct.
frown.gif
4 speed Auto is the transmission of "choice".

Too bad. I loved my 4.8l 4x4 ext cab Silverado with the 5 speed manual and love my 2004 4x4 4.3l with the 5 speed.

Thanks for the info.

I think it's pretty dumb they took the manual option away, a truck just screams give me a manual. Rpm control is great.

My wife's landscaping company has a couple of '06 2500HD Silverados with the 6.0 and the 4-speed autos. I've got a '97 2500HD with the 5.7 and the 5-speed manual. When my truck augments her "fleet" because a truck is down for maintenance, the employees fight over who gets to drive it.

I won't replace that truck unless they offer a manual again.

I take it not all 2500hds w/ 6.0 came with the 6 speed?

Anyways, the OLM shows while in park. Kind of strange. Just shy of 3k and it says 59%, so gms recommendation for the FF is no different than any other change? Or is the FF calibrated differently? Either way I'm going to dump it get an analysis, and then follow the OLM, with possible extensions.

Just ordered my upgraded DIC, FWIW gmpartsdirect.combust it for $66.50.

Interesting stuff.

FWIW, my 2006 LT doesn't show the OLM % on the DIC either. It's the "popup type" Bill described earlier. Not that I care or follow it, but I'm just pointing out that I don't know what the GM reasoning was for some to have and some to have not.

Originally Posted By: Taylor
I take it not all 2500hds w/ 6.0 came with the 6 speed?

Anyways, the OLM shows while in park. Kind of strange. Just shy of 3k and it says 59%, so gms recommendation for the FF is no different than any other change? Or is the FF calibrated differently? Either way I'm going to dump it get an analysis, and then follow the OLM, with possible extensions.

If I am not mistaken they started the 6 speed in 2007 1/2. Our NNBS (new new body style) 2007 2500HD has the 6.0 and 6 speed. I would MUCH rather have the old 4L80E than I would the new 6 speed. The 6 speed shifts not so well and the drive by wire does not work so well. Those are my only 2 complaints about the truck. Constant hunting for gears and once in a while it will absolutely slam into the next gear for what ever reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the new DIC this morning, now able to tap into things like tire psi etc. Literally took 2 minutes, I recommend it to anyone.

Originally Posted By: Taylor
Got the new DIC this morning, now able to tap into things like tire psi etc. Literally took 2 minutes, I recommend it to anyone.

Glad I was able to help you out.

I just bought a 2011 Silverado and I am interested in doing this D.I.C. dash upgrade. Can anyone explain how the job is done and how to "pop out" the factory dash? Maybe even post a few pics, extra smillies and an atta boy for a quick vid!

Thanks for your help

It's very simple,I did this on my 2007.The trim piece pulls right off,it is held in place by clips.Then you just have to transfer the headlight switch and reinstall.Should take a half hour max. Hope this helps!!

I forgot to add that there should be a small wire harness tucked behind the trim piece.This is what the set of four buttons plugs into.

Yup. Just pop the old trim panel off, transer the HL switch, plug in the harness that is in behind there for the new DIC buttons, and pop the new panel on.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Yup. Just pop the old trim panel off, transer the HL switch, plug in the harness that is in behind there for the new DIC buttons, and pop the new panel on.

Thanks for the replies but can you go more into detail on that? Where/how do I grab the panel to "pop it off"? What happens with the clips that hold the panel on? How exactly do the wire harnesses plug in? So many fine details
confused.gif

Just to let you know, I am not a newb, just never really worked on an interior before. I normally do fluid changes, filter changes, brakes, shocks, exhaust, ETC and feel very comfortable with those jobs. My truck is still under warranty and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back