2007 Suzuki SV650S, 2843 miles, Mobil 1 10W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
Doesn't look that good, but I'm not familiar with MC and track UOA's. Mobil 1 is one of the best oils on the market, and has historically been among the most shear stable.

The viscosity drop is not good and wear metals are high. You could always try another oil. RL or Amsoil may hold up better. Hard to tell. Could be the way this particular engine is wearing, and no oil can improve it. Some oils do a better job of keeping a better piston/ring seal.

M1 makes very poor motorcycle oils for the price. In my bikes it sheared so fast you could time it with a stopwatch and shift quality suffered for it.
For the price,and performance there isn't an oil out there that matches conventional rotella.
Yes there are better oils at 5x the price but I don't need them.
Rotella for the win

Originally Posted By: ym42
Check out my UOA from SV650 2007. At first I was worried when I checked the report but then I saw yours - its somewhat similar. I do not race but kept the oil for a pretty long time. About a year and >5300 miles... Our wear metals are pretty high...

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6867/qxqp.jpg

Par for the course with Mobil 1. Almost every single uoa I've ever seen with M1 had high wear metals however how that translates to longevity has yet to be truly proven since engines seem to last for a few hundred thousand miles shedding those levels of wear metals so I'm not sure I'd worry about it.

Op. follow sunruh's advice. If this forum has a bike oil expert he is it. Take his advice as gospel

You would have been way better off using a conventional oil like $4. a quart Valvoline 4 stroke motorcycle oil 20/50 or 10/40 or Rotella 15/40 over synthetic Mobile 1 automotive oil.
Test after test proves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back