2007 CTS-V coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Zerex G05 be an acceptable coolant in a 2007 Cadillac CTS-V? I've used RMI-25 in my other cars with excellent results, I'd also like to know if it is safe to use in the Cadillac.

Originally Posted By: Nitrox
Would Zerex G05 be an acceptable coolant in a 2007 Cadillac CTS-V? I've used RMI-25 in my other cars with excellent results, I'd also like to know if it is safe to use in the Cadillac.

I'm sure the CTS comes from the factory with Dexcool. If you switch to G-05, then be sure and do a complete flush and purge with distilled water first to get all the Dexcool out. Then refill 50/50 G-05 and distilled water.

You have a dry intake as you are running an LS2, Use the Dex Cool.
I run it in my Trans Am and it looks brand new. I have done two flushes since I got it in 2000. Keep it full and you will not have problems. Dex cool has not been a problem in the LSX cars.

Have yet to find a guy with a LS1, LS2 or LS3 who has had a DEX cool problem unless the put the wrong coolant in it or changed it and didn't get all the DEX out.

Dex Cool it is, thanks. What about RMI-25? It has worked well in my other cars. I like that it provides additional protection, lubrication, surfectant, and the dye to show leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back