2001 Mazda B2300 Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I drove this truck today, the clutch pedal engages IMMEDIATELY when you push on the clutch pedal.

The truck is stubborn to get into gear sometimes.

When driving down the road in town, I think I feel the truck "surging"....possibly the clutch isn't fully released and the clutch is slipping?

Is the clutch on this truck adjustable? Shouldn't I be able to push the clutch pedal down like 1" before it engages? Any and all advice is welcome.

Bad slave cylinders are pretty common on these trucks. Check clutch fluid level and look for fluid around the bellhousing area. If the fluid level is low and/or there's fluid near the bellhousing, you have a leaking slave.

unfortunately, I'm going to echo everyone else.

It's incorporated into the throwout bearing. It's a cheap light plastic thing that I often wonder how it survives as long as it does. One of the very few reliability shortcomings of the Ranger/B2300

Yep, slave cylinder. It requires dropping the trans to replace it, so if it has some miles on it you may as well do the clutch as well.

While the trans is dropped, replace the shift rail plugs with new rubber ones or metal freeze plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back