2000 camaro ss oil recommendation

I recently picked up a 2000 camaro ss with a gm 6.0 swapped in it. The engine is mostly stock with the exception of a cam and oem higher performing heads with springs. I’m going to be performing an oil change soon and was curious what you guys would recommend for the oil and filter. I’m tempted to splurge for amsoil. But I know generally most oils are equal these days. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
HPL Euro 5W-30 (PAO + AN + ESTER) + Fram Ultra Filter (99% efficiency @ 20 microns),

or if on a budget:
SuperTech High Mileage Full Synthetic 5W-30 5 quart jug ($21.48) + Fram Extra Guard Filter with 95% efficiency @ 20 microns ($3.50 with subscribe and save on Amazon).

Last edited:
What company is HPL? What makes the euro better?
High Performance Labs. There are sticky's to it at the top of this forum.
It's main claim to fame is it's high Group V Ester content, which cleans out an engine of sludge and varnish, storing it as soft brown material in the oil filter. Others like HPL for it's extended OCI's.

The Euro 5W-30 should have a HTHS >= 3.5, which is beneficial to reduce engine wear in exteme service.
Google this: HTHS wear graph.

It's main claim to fame is it's high Group V Ester content, which cleans out an engine of sludge and varnish, storing it as soft brown material in the oil filter. Others like HPL for it's extended OCI's.

The Euro 5W-30 should have a HTHS >= 3.5, which is beneficial to reduce engine wear in exteme service.
What is the Ash levels in that oil?

Is the euro that much more superior to the other 3 variations of their normal PCMO? What would make it a better option? I see the other 3 “meet or exceed dexos” but the euro of course doesn’t show that as it’s not technically produced for that reason

It’s a roller right? How high are the spring pressures?

I don’t think these are real particular about oil … wait for Cline though.

Back