$200 car $20 paintjob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
They changed the front end on the 97's. The grill is integrated with the bumper on the 97 versus separate on the 94-96's. It's not exactly a 40 mpg car yet. Only averaging 27mpg right now should be 35-36mpg the same as the Festiva.. both are automatics. I'm still trying to figure it out.

I did sand but not as much as I should of. With everything wrong making the paint perfect would be like polishing a terd into a diamond. My main focus was to get it the same color and look a little better.. I do agree I could of did alot better job with more work.

Thats what i told my aunt and her daughter when they had glamour shots its like waxing a terd still looks like [censored].

Originally Posted By: mailman74

Thats what i told my aunt and her daughter when they had glamour shots its like waxing a terd still looks like [censored].

lol.gif

Not bad. Better than the '79 Impala that I bought. The original owner had some problems with the factory paint and had it redone, and the redo didn't last very long. When I bought it, it looked like someone had washed it with Brillo pads.

Thanks everyone.. I've gotten more compliments than I expected even in person. I tell everyone it's a 20mph or 20ft paintjob but most says it's better than that. I'll admit at first the color was iffy but it's grown on me.. darkened up alot after drying.I'm thinking about attempting a 1000 grit wetsand to see what it looks like. First though I'm tinting the rear side windows 20% and hatch 35% it's a regular oven in there.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
eljefino will be proud.

I scrolled to the username after I read the title, assuming it had to be from him.
lol.gif

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

Tinted the rear windows 20% today. It's a bit too dark compared to the Festiva with 20 on the rear with the same tint. The KS law is 35% but MO anything is ok.. do most of the driving other there anyways. Didn't do a very good job on the tint I think the windows need a razor ran over them. The tint was only $10 for the 2 rear windows and the quarters. I bought a roll of 35% for the rear window but I couldn't get it look right so wasted $12 on that. Going to have to take it to a professional. I'll do the fronts 35 next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back