2-cycle oil as a fuel add in 4-cycle engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eddie
With several 2 cycle oil types, what type of 2 cycle oil would you consider the best? TCW 11, TCW 3, snow mobile 2c oil, 2c motor cycle oil and on and on. Ed

I use TCW-3 outboard oil, because it's specifically designed for water cooled engines, leaner ratios, and more deposit cleaning than other types.

Is Valvoline going to discontinue this product?

Name 2-Cycle Outboard Marine Oil - NMMA(BIA) TC-W3 Certified
Size Quart
Part VV467
UPC 0-74130-00467-2

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Ive been putting 1-2 oz of amsoil saber outboard as an additive in my 91 BMW 318i, and it runs great, seemingly slightly stronger!

JMH

Per how many gal fill? I just picked up some saber outboard today. Gonna run in the 540.

TCW 3 would be best as it should have lowest emissions - is supposed to be near zero ash, and is spec'ed for water cooled engines so should typically be lower flash point.

Originally Posted By: mckennaiii
Is Valvoline going to discontinue this product?

Name 2-Cycle Outboard Marine Oil - NMMA(BIA) TC-W3 Certified
Size Quart
Part VV467
UPC 0-74130-00467-2
That's what their rep told me.

Email from Valovine:

We will be discontinuing the production of the #vv467 2-Cycle Marine, but the 2-Cycle Multipurpose Oil #vv461 in the quarts, is the exact same product. All of Valvolines 2-Cycle TCW3 rated oils are the same thing, just in different containers.

TCW-3 it is then. I will use it in a 1 to 500 ratio (2.5 Oz per 10 gallons of fuel) unless someone has a better suggestion. Thank You. Ed Hayes

I'd double the dose for the first run to coat the fuel parts. I use more like 3oz/10g. Thanks to Rangerdood, we see Valv 2c is on sale at AZ for about $2/q.

Would this be of interest/value to the discussion?

I just found Mag1 Marine TC-W3 2 Cycle Motor oil on sale at Pep Boys.

16 oz = $2.79
32 oz = $4.29
1 gallon = $8.99

Would this be a "quality" substitute for the Valvoline?

[censored], I can't get TCW-3 for less than $15/gallon around here.
smirk2.gif

so i have been giving this a try in my 03 hyundai i have noticed smoother idle and quieter engine i also let my folks and g/f drive it and i didn;t say a thing they asked if i did anything and i said no i run 1:500 ratio. i also noticed a slight increase in fuel economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back