195/60/15 A/S - deals? - recomandations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under $300 , good in the rain, decent tread wear. I run dedicated snows so winter performance isn't an issue.

I'll liekly hop on the CS3 or Lifeliner for my car. Mount myself.

300 miles update (i know, inconclusive, but interesting because:):
-first and second day: yeeeeha. really bumpy (i mean jumpy) ride. didn't check the pressure from the installer because it was ffffreezing here
-at 150 miles, got snow: had a blast passing (at safe speeds for incoming snow) a big work van, a spinning suv and a pretty new minivan all spinning their wheels like crazy while i just granpa-choo-choo-safely by them
-2 days after: got raining. it melted lots of snow. pretty good

will chime in with other results

Originally Posted By: pandus13
300 miles update (i know, inconclusive, but interesting because:):
-first and second day: yeeeeha. really bumpy (i mean jumpy) ride. didn't check the pressure from the installer because it was ffffreezing here
-at 150 miles, got snow: had a blast passing (at safe speeds for incoming snow) a big work van, a spinning suv and a pretty new minivan all spinning their wheels like crazy while i just granpa-choo-choo-safely by them
-2 days after: got raining. it melted lots of snow. pretty good

will chime in with other results

You mentioned, Bumpy(really jumping ride)! Did you recheck the PSI in the tires?

I ended up buying Cooper Lifeliner tires last night.

Cost per rated mile (50000)was $.0001 more per mile than the next cheapest, the Cooper CS3(65000).

A friend of mine recently put these on his car and they seem to be a good all season tire - much better in the snow than the CS4 they replaced. I don't plan on driving them in the snow as I run dedicated winter tires, but never know when you are going to get caught in a freak snow storm.

Once I get them mounted I'll bring them to Walmart to balance and then get an alignment done on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back