147k w/o ATF Change?

If it shifts fine, just change the fluid. That's all. It is very easy to do in a Toyota, since they are smart enough to include a drain plug :)

I probably would still buy the car but I'd inflate my concerns about the transmission fluid for negotiation purposes.

Looking to purchase a 2013 4Runner with 147k. Owner says she has never changed AT fluid. Would that kill the deal for you?

Oil every 5k.
no... drive the vehicle.. does the trans seem to shift OK... then make your own value judgement on the vehicle..

FWIW auto trannies and diffs are the most undermaintained devices in the driveline on most vehicles

Not for me but the 20K price would have me looking elsewhere. Little steep IMO. If I did buy it I would run through all the fluids withing the first few weeks (front/rear diffs; trans case; trans & filter; coolant) and likely do plugs as well and of course an oil change w filter. And go from there.

Test drive it hard. If it operates perfectly change the fluid and maybe add lubegard platinum. Could also go for hpl green cc atf with no additive instead after you did maybe 2 or 3 exchanges with maxlife.

Since she isn't sure so I won't know til Wed at 12:30.

Actually, the price is reasonable for my area. Since she is selling it herself, there are a lot of potential buyers that
would have a hard time getting financing since they can't go through a dealership for financing.

ask 4 like $500.00 less
As if that's going to work in today's used vehicle market on a Toyota! They can always sell it to someone else for full price:

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

Back