0w-40 castrol suitable for 2010 Titan in cold NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the feedback! I'm planning on running this truck until the wheels fall off, but I don't want them falling off anytime soon because full size quad cab 4x4s are too expensive! I just paid this Titan off and don't want another truck payment for a long time!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Ow30 vs 0w40 is the same at cold startup. The operating temp viscosity is different. Class dismissed.

No, they just both meet the requirements for the 0w-xx designation, they are not the same. One could have a CCS of 6,100cP the other a CCS of 5,400cP. Obviously quite different. The other could have an MRV of 13,200cP and the other 30,000cP, again, obviously quite different.

I didn't mean that there exactly the same...there probably isn't any two oils that are. But a few people here are saying the 0w40 is to thick for winter use.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Ow30 vs 0w40 is the same at cold startup. The operating temp viscosity is different. Class dismissed.

No, they just both meet the requirements for the 0w-xx designation, they are not the same. One could have a CCS of 6,100cP the other a CCS of 5,400cP. Obviously quite different. The other could have an MRV of 13,200cP and the other 30,000cP, again, obviously quite different.

I didn't mean that there exactly the same...there probably isn't any two oils that are. But a few people here are saying the 0w40 is to thick for winter use.

OK, thanks for clarifying what you were trying to say
smile.gif
Any oil that carries the 0w-xx designation has excellent cold temperature performance, which I believe is in-line with what you are speaking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back