’07 Accord SE (205/60R16) tire recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s time to replace the tires on my wife’s ’07 Accord SE (205/60R16). I’m looking for all season type tires that will not break the bank. We run a set of snow tires in the winter so these would be for dry, wet and light snow covered roads. I can’t say what brand is on there now but they are still the original OEM tires.

Any ideas?

Bob

We have an 09 Accord and the OEM is Dunlop A/S, which I don't like much. I'll be looking for tires next year, most likely, so I'm interested in following this thread and the suggestions.

The 2 tires I've looked at pretty closely so far have been Michelin Primacy MXM4 and the Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity. Both seem to be recommended from other Honda forums.

Have used Uniroyal Tiger Paws with good success on my 2005 Accord. Got 60K out of last set and didn't break the bank.

Originally Posted By: cwing6
Have used Uniroyal Tiger Paws with good success on my 2005 Accord. Got 60K out of last set and didn't break the bank.

I agree, problem is they are hard to find. There is an internet source called "Tirebuyer" from which I got some 205 60 15s UniRoyals recently. They replaced BFG Touring TAs. They run at a little higher slip angle, but ride a little better and are quiet.

Aunt of mine runs this tire size on her Chrysler sebring, she replaced the OEM tires with Pirelli P4 all seasons and has been very happy with them. Very good traction, not sure about the ride since the Sebring never rode well to begin with. She has had them on her car for probably 8 years and about 70k and they still have a lot of tread left, very good tread wear maybe even 50% or more. So i guess they have been a good tire. I would buy a set for my car after her experience. Consider them.

I got the Bridgestone Turanza Serenities six months ago for my 07 Accord, and love them.

As you may have experienced, the car is given to more road noise than I like, and these made it considerably...I mean considerably...quieter than either the original Michelins or Bridgestone RE960s.

I looked at these and the Primacy MXM, which my brother has on his Subie and loves, but got a great deal on Black Friday at the local dealer. Not sure if you can wait than long, though.

You can't go wrong with either the Serenty or the Primacy if they're in your price band. Both are terrific.

If you haven't checked yet, Tire Rack's reader surveys are really helpful, and both tires rate very highly. I look at most of the ranking categories (no snow in the southeast) but the "would buy again" category says a lot.

Originally Posted By: DeeAgeaux
A lot of people on here have General Altimax HP. It is an all-season grand touring tire. My nephew has some on his 2003 Accord. I have the summer version of this tire on my 03 Accord. A really good balance between comfort,performance,and value.

I love this tire.I had this tire on my 03'Focus for several years now. IMO...a great tire...and I will buy again when needed.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...P&tab=Sizes

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/tires/inflation.jsp It looks like the speed rating for your tires is V. If it were my car, I'd get the Michelin Primacy MXV4 or the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring. You didn't say anything about your driving style or if you want a smoother ride or better handling. I prefer a smoother ride.
Originally Posted By: 2000RX300
It’s time to replace the tires on my wife’s ’07 Accord SE (205/60R16). I’m looking for all season type tires that will not break the bank. We run a set of snow tires in the winter so these would be for dry, wet and light snow covered roads. I can’t say what brand is on there now but they are still the original OEM tires.

Any ideas?

Bob

I just put a set of Primacy MXV4s on my sisters in laws Fusion.

Same 205/60/16s you're looking at.

My wifes Camry also has the Primacys.

Michelin Energy Saver A/S, seeing 8%+ improvement in fuel economy compared to new OE tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back