'06 Dodge red HOAT=Zerex G-05??? Or not???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked around on this a little, can G-05 be mixed with the factory red/orange fill on my '06? I am going to switch to the G-05 eventually, have a nice stash for my old 300D & '02 Dodge which did really well with it, just don't want to cause potential warranty issues. Any ideas?

No, don't mix coolant of any type for warranty purposes. If you need to add anything then the best is buy coolant from dealer, if you going to change the current coolant soon with G05 then you can add distilled water.

Well, unfortunately I am locked in to the 5 year/100K mile engine warranty, so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet & get it from a dealer.:(

I would investigate a bit more before doling out twice the $$ for dealer fluids.

I have not verified it, but Zerex almost claims that it is the maker of Mopar GO5 with this statement regarding misc. brands:

"All products use the Zerex G-05 formulation. The only difference is the dye color." E-mail them after checking out their site:

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=10 click on FAQ on page left

Seems like the provision to maintain warranty by only using their product would infringe on the Magneson Moss act. Did you ask a dealer to top it off for free?

Keep us posted.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looked around on this a little, can G-05 be mixed with the factory red/orange fill on my '06? I am going to switch to the G-05 eventually, have a nice stash for my old 300D & '02 Dodge which did really well with it, just don't want to cause potential warranty issues. Any ideas?

The Zerex product G-05 is chemically the same as the Chrysler and Ford coolants.

They made it nearly colorless (a very light yellow) to blend in with your factory fill.

Took it in for other warranty work, but it's still a hair above add when cold, I'm going to use the GO-5 & distilled when the time comes that it runs low. Actually the GO-5 looks identical to the Motorcraft Premium Gold in the diesel Ford-got plenty of that too.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Seems like the provision to maintain warranty by only using their product would infringe on the Magneson Moss act. Did you ask a dealer to top it off for free?
Not at all. You can use any product that meets the manufacturer's spec. Sometimes getting that spec is the hard part. And, sometimes no one else make a product to that spec. You may not use a product of a different spec and expect warranty coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back