'04 Sienna 105k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wag123
Originally Posted By: DVE
Yes, the T-Belt was done already, great deal from dealership, less than $300.

In order to get the t-belt replaced for this price, they did the recall at the same time.

That's great news, but if I remember correctly, it was their regular price for v6 engine.

Not here! The Toyota dealers around here charge $900 for a full t-belt service, and $500 for just the t-belt.

Not here! The Toyota dealers around here charge $900 for a full t-belt service, and $500 for just the t-belt.

DonMcGill Toyota is the dealership, they have actually 2 within 15 miles or so. They are the biggest in Texas from what I have been told. The timing belt is 289.95 and in 90k I will get it done for free, as in I pay for it once, and as long as I have the car I get it done for free, not even labor cost. The water pump is $410 btw. and same free replacements apply.

When I had my 2008 Sienna I used either Mobil1 or Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and never had any sludge issues. Use a quality synthetic and filter every 5K/6 months and you will be fine. Since you don't know the maintenance history of the car as a precaution you may want to change out all the fluids (oil, coolant, transmission, power steering, brake)as well as spark plugs, PCV valve, brake pads, fuel filter, etc. so you have a new starting point for your service records. (There are dozens of free YouTube videos that can help you do all this yourself at minimal cost) Also recommend using only Toyota brand Transmission fluid and Coolant as well as OEM spark plugs(NGKs if I recall) so to avoid any problems
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Redpatches
When I had my 2008 Sienna I used either Mobil1 or Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and never had any sludge issues. Use a quality synthetic and filter every 5K/6 months and you will be fine. Since you don't know the maintenance history of the car as a precaution you may want to change out all the fluids (oil, coolant, transmission, power steering, brake)as well as spark plugs, PCV valve, brake pads, fuel filter, etc. so you have a new starting point for your service records. (There are dozens of free YouTube videos that can help you do all this yourself at minimal cost) Also recommend using only Toyota brand Transmission fluid and Coolant as well as OEM spark plugs(NGKs if I recall) so to avoid any problems
grin2.gif

Thanks, I bought the Denso (Toyota owned) spark plugs, it's a big job, pcv didnt think of that thanks. Also, mine doesn't have a fuel filter just a screen that's conveniently part of the fuel pump assembly. Didnt think of the coolant, great idea, thanks. I will do the breaks myself, will probably use Valvoline break fluid. Akebono pads for sure, just dont know about the rotors, maybe brembo blanks?

Congrats on the 2004 Sienna purchase. We bought the same year Sienna (except the LE (lousy edition
grin2.gif
)) last summer and love it. Great vehicle and excellent for road trips.

This engine uses the high dollar Denso Iridium spark plugs. Put anti-seize compound on them when installing. Replace the PCV valve when you replace the spark plugs.
The cooling system uses exactly 2 gallons of coolant if you drain it completely (opening the drain petcocks under both of the cylinder banks and draining the overflow tank). Use only Toyota super long life premix coolant. The filler looks like it is in a good location, but it isn't, you will need a short funnel with a flexible spout.

Last edited:
BTW DVE, I'm curious about how much is your Toyota dealer charges to replace the spark plugs.

Originally Posted By: NJC
Congrats on the 2004 Sienna purchase. We bought the same year Sienna (except the LE (lousy edition
grin2.gif
)) last summer and love it. Great vehicle and excellent for road trips.

I am very happy with the van, it is really quiet inside, comfortable, and I like the view too. Main reason why I got it was for the road trips, and it's great for that. Gets surprisingly good MPG too.

This engine uses the high dollar Denso Iridium spark plugs. Put anti-seize compound on them when installing. Replace the PCV valve when you replace the spark plugs.
The cooling system uses exactly 2 gallons of coolant if you drain it completely (opening the drain petcocks under both of the cylinder banks and draining the overflow tank). Use only Toyota super long life premix coolant. The filler looks like it is in a good location, but it isn't, you will need a short funnel with a flexible spout.

Good thing about AAP is their coupons, so I think I ended up paying around $32 after taxes for the spark plugs. I will do the PCV at the same time I do the plugs. 2 gallons exactly? That's great and practical, good to know. I will stop at the dealer to get the coolant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back