EXXON OIL? Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend, I was on a road trip when the oil level light came on... I pulled over at one of the Illinois Oasises, and checked the oil, found it to be 1qt low... so I went in the store and looked at the oil that they had, found out Mobil 1 which was way over prised and this Exxon stuff...

Since I am a 1000 mi from an oil change I didnt bother with the Mobil 1 so I just dropped in 1 qt of the EXXON, didnt notice differences but the oil got me wondering if it was any good, since this is the first time I have ever seen it in any stores.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDYuanBn.jpg

It's got tiny bits of real tiger in it.

It's also what Honda bottles, and is a pretty common bulk oil. It's good for a reasonable OCI.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
It's a decent dino oil.

The real question is how did a bitoger get caught on a road trip without an extra quart of oil in the trunk..
grin2.gif

Thats what I was wondering, I had a bottle of Rotella with maybe few drops in it, and seeing it in the trunk I always though I had a quart when in reality I used it up at some point and never threw it away.

From now on I will be carrying 2 bottles for safety reasons...

That oil light spooks the living [censored] out of me...

They sell that stuff at AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc.

I've used it a couple of times in cars I maintain with no issues. I scooped up on it when it was $1/quart.
grin2.gif

To my surprise it has a lot of certifications like the GM ones, no something I see on most other bottles.

Seems to be a decent oil but I doubt I will use it again... sticking to my Mobil/Rotella mix.

Originally Posted By: Footpounds
It's quality you can trust.

Hey that's excellent!
48.gif
You should get with Exxon Marketing department and show them how to come up with jingles!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
They sell that stuff at AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc.

I've used it a couple of times in cars I maintain with no issues. I scooped up on it when it was $1/quart.
grin2.gif

I stocked up on it back then too, all gone now. Id use it again in a heartbeat!!!

As I recall, there was also a "full synthetic" Superflow offering.
There may still be. It came in a gold-colored bottle.
We had a now out of business regional discount chain that stocked it. I bought and used it, and while I don't remeber what it cost, it must have been fairly inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back