Another Toyota WS ATF VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,

For giggles, I sent in a sample of the Toyota WS ATF I bought at my local dealer last week. To me, it seems to have a rather anemic additive pack. I knew it would be rather thin and I was not disappointed in that regard. Interested in reading other's comments...

WS%20ATF.jpg

Thanks,
Ben

No surprises.
The values that you show here are VERY similar to the results from a sample that I obtained.

You didn't see them because I didn't post them ~ I do lots of things that I don't post as part of my job.

Anyway, for what it's worth, KV100 5.6 cSt, KV40 24.0 cSt, BV-40'C 8,400 cPs, B 71ppm, Ca 111ppm, P 273ppm, S 670ppm, Si 6ppm.

Hope that helps.

Ben,

Rest assured this is a common AW additive package and viscosity for WS and Dexron VI, and the additive package contains a lot more stuff than you realize.

In fact, ATF is the most additized lubricant of all, next is hydraulic tractor fluid (or UTF's), and then PCMO's.

The unseen additives are anti-oxidants, dispersants, special friction modifiers, anti-foam, anti-rust agents, seal swell additives, anti-corrosion additives, and metal inhibitors for copper and aluminum.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=729268#Post729268

someone we know had the A.T.F. changed for the 1st time recently in his '07 COROLLA at 119,000 and no issues . He travels many miles during the week for his business , taking much hilly terrain , dirt roads , etc.. So , can't be the WS is all that weak . I would think a flush was performed for that service , didn't get all the details .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: smokey1
that should be a '06 COROLLA , not '07 .

06 takes T-IV.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Ben,

Rest assured this is a common AW additive package and viscosity for WS and Dexron VI, and the additive package contains a lot more stuff than you realize.

In fact, ATF is the most additized lubricant of all, next is hydraulic tractor fluid (or UTF's), and then PCMO's.

The unseen additives are anti-oxidants, dispersants, special friction modifiers, anti-foam, anti-rust agents, seal swell additives, anti-corrosion additives, and metal inhibitors for copper and aluminum.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=729268#Post729268

Molakule, does that means WS and Dex-VI is close enough to be interchangable in theory?

Do you think it is the transmission internal's design (i.e. rev matching, gear design, etc) that makes Toyota's recommendation for lifetime application possible with WS, or is it the quality of basestock (i.e. Synthetic)? Or it is unrealistic to assume this to be a life time fluid?

I would not say that WS and DexronVI is interchangeable.

I don't believe in lifetime fluids or fills, however synthetic they may be.

I think Toyo's internals are well made. However, unDummy or Mechtech2 could probably speak better to the internals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back