Substitute for Honda ATF-Z1 fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry,

If you are willing to share, what is your take on the Honda Z1 ATF? Is Z1 truly a special formula, or is Honda just trying to make sure that folks don't use cheap ATF instead?

I gather that he doesn't think the Honda Z1 is all that since he has replaced it with SF Z1 (already a goner is another clue) & now RLI ATF. However, don't let me put words into Terry's mouth. He hasn't told me anything like that personally & even if he had, sadly, I would have to kill you.
grin.gif

Amsoil ATF is the direct replacement for Honda Z1 and it got approval for Honda tranny, not sure about the other brands but this is the only synthetic ATF that is for Honda

Honda Z1 = Dexron III + Friction modifier

basically any Dexron III will work on honda but you want a long life ATF that will keep the tranny alive

i have been using for 2 yrs after i got my tranny replaced and it has been doing pretty well even i drive very hard on my Acura TL

actually the Amsoil ATF is universal for every cars, so feel free to use that, i highly recommend, all of my cars and my frd's cars are using the same oil for ATF change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back