Amsoil ASL 5W30 vs. Series 2000 0W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do a search - someone asked this question within the last two weeks. Of course I get the question ALL the time.

In a nutshell, the 0W-30 is an older style PAO/ester blend oil designed mainly for highway cruising in a very clean engine. It's formula meets SM. No Mo or B to speak of.

The ASL is a newer formulated PAO based with ester additive. Some Mo and B. Also an SM formula.

I almost always recommend ASL. It's just a better value.

Pablo, If price was not an issue, and I was looking for the best fuel economy and engine protection, would the TSO 0w30 be a good choice? 2001 4runner 45K on the clock.

Quote:

Pablo, If price was not an issue, and I was looking for the best fuel economy and engine protection, would the TSO 0w30 be a good choice? 2001 4runner 45K on the clock.

In theory, in a cold location 0W-30 should give you better MPG and maybe a bit better protection on start ups. In reality ASL 5W-30 protects as well and the MPG gains are buried in the noise.

I went with ASL 5W-30 for wider-range availability & better pricing in my area. I found the ASL 5W-30 for $6.49 at a lawn equipment store -- of all places. I don't feel you vehicles will notice any difference between the two viscosities living in Ohio.

Well, I just purchased some ATM 10w30. I like the properties of the oil, and I think it will do fine here in Ohio. We haven't had 0 degree weather for as long as a can remember, so I don't think environmental temps will be an issue....has anyone used this, there doesn't seem to be much on this oil on BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back