2-Cycle oil in 4-Cycle fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
mechtech2,
same here. Lucas mixed 50:50 with TCW-3 in my petrol, and 50:50 with Morey's smoke kill and cetane improver in my diesels.

Well, i ended up adding the 2 cycle oil i had sitting around to a full tank of gas, i added around 4 ounces. What i have noticed is that my engine feels much smoother and i was having this ticking noise earlier at idle which is completely gone after adding the oil. After i finish this stuff i'll probably end up getting a tcw3 rated oil to add to gas. I think the one i'm using now isn't tcw3 rated.

Just added a 2.6 oz. bottle of Echo semi-syn. 2 stroke oil to a full tank of 93 octane gas in my '00 GTI 1.8T this morning. Drove 5 miles after filling up with the roughly 710:1 mixture. Fuel injectors sound a little quieter, but it may be my imagination. No other noticeable differences in performance. Will monitor & post anything of note.

Just remembered that I have a whole gallon of SuperTech TCW-3 oil that I had originally planned to use in my chainsaw, but decided not to. I think I will start using the ST stuff at a 500:1 gas/oil ratio in my GTI & my wife's Mercedes. Better than seeing it sit on the shelf un-used.

They usually state on the label that it is ashless - it is a feature they want to advertise.
It is cheap so if you are not sure, go buy some that has it listed.
Take it easy on the dosage.

I use the PZ Marine Semi-Synth. $10/G comes out to under $.20c to treat 10G of gas w/3oz. imo, it works great. I figure 2-3 mpg gain over 10G of gas comes out to $2-$3 worth of extra miles. Not a bad ROI even at $2.

I didn't find a difference with the PZ stuff (same stuff I use in my outboard though) - I'm back to UCL, then FP when I run out. Might try your mix of UCL and two-stroke, though.

Let me ask this: would you trust a 2-stroke engine to run on UCL? If not, why use it in the 4-stroke application?

popcorn.gif
This thread is interesting.
popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif
Yea, I got a lotta 2-cycle oil hanging around.
popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif
After I'm outta MMO, I'll throw in 2-Cycle Oil.
popcorn.gif

grin.gif

Quote:

popcorn.gif
This thread is interesting.
popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif
Yea, I got a lotta 2-cycle oil hanging around.
popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif
After I'm outta MMO, I'll throw in 2-Cycle Oil.
popcorn.gif

grin.gif

Is this a movie or something?

I had a couple of cars years ago that burned so much motor oil & still ran fine, it would not worry me one bit to run a whole qtart of 2-stroke oil in 15 gallons of gas. It might not be a good idea, but I don't think it would hurt anything either.

Quote:

Old thread. I have been using 2C in the older CRV and getting 26mpg, pretty good. The funny thing is I used it in my new Accord for most of break-in, (starting with 10 miles on it) and got great mileage while hammering it. I took away the 2C from the fuel to finalize break-in and went from 29 to 23 mpg. Not kidding.

If any old women could pour in a small bottle of 2 stroke oil into her has tank and increase milage by 25% (which is what the claim is per the quote above) it wouldnt be just everyone doing it...it would be "everyone" in the WORLD doing this.

Its a myth...to a point. Add enough oil, and I bet it would increase MPG's. But not 25%, and you'd be looking at other problems in the long run. There's no 2 stoke oil out there that burns completely clean. Even gasoline leaves something behind...technically speaking.

Send this myth it to "mythbusters". May be it takes a TV show to prove it to some people.

Umm, it's not "every old lady", it's a car that is going through break-in. I claim a regular 2-3 mpg gain, an admittably high 7-10% increase. There are more reasons than just mpg to use it, if you go back and read the whole thread, which you obviously need to do.

I tried ~2 oz of SuperTech TCW-3 oil in 10 gallons of (Mobil) gas. Noticed the engine idling smoother. My car has a poly-filled engine mount, so it usually shakes pretty well. Wasn't doing that driving it this afternoon. Will report back with fuel economy once I burn this tank.

My engine is idling noticeably smoother, and seems to have more power. Filled up last night, and my mileage seems to have stayed about the same. Will post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back