Jeep Wrangler JL

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Had a few days off so decided to take a little trip up to Sedona and spend some time with nature. Did some hiking and rented this sweet Wrangler Rubicon to try some very minor off-roading. I was VERY impressed with the Wrangler, I had no idea how composed they are on the highway yet so capable offroad! I'm not an experienced offroader, so I kept to some pretty simple trails and nothing too crazy. Some really cool tricks like a sway bar disconnect and front and rear locking differentials really show this is the real deal.

This is the first time I've spent some considerable time in one and I can see why owner's love them so much. I didn't want to give it back! Just a really fun and unique vehicle, can't say enough good things about it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks like fun! What trails? I want to get to Sedona to hit some trails. Have done Broken Arrow but not in my Jeep yet. Have also done Schnebly Hill Road.

Awesome trip. The new Wranglers look pretty cool.

I know you did some easy trails, but remember the number one rule of wheeln' is don't go alone.

Just in case you step it up a bit next time.
thumbsup2.gif

I always envy the space you folks have out West and the fact that the BLM's work with wheelers.
Time to move....

I went through Sedona last weekend. Also stayed in Williams for a night and it seemed everyone else had the same idea. The weather was perfect!

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Looks like fun! What trails? I want to get to Sedona to hit some trails. Have done Broken Arrow but not in my Jeep yet. Have also done Schnebly Hill Road.

That last picture is Schnebly Hill, it was beautiful!

Also did Dry Creek so we could hike Devil's Bridge. If you don't have an offroad vehicle, it's a 4 mile walk to get to the start of the hike. Someone tried driving their brand new Forester down, they actually made it 3 miles before it got disabled. There was a trail of oil and transmission fluid, so I'm sure a few of the rocks did a number on the undercarriage. I am still puzzled how they made it that far and didn't realize it was a bad idea. As we were leaving, someone started to try in their Rogue and turned around. The belly pan was dragging on the ground!

After you get to the top of Devil's Bridge, you're greeted with this -

Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
Makes you wonder why Kia had the audacity to name a minivan after this place.

The all new Ulsan ? … the Okpo ? the Busan ? even Yankee'd Seoul to Soul …

One day we were riding to a port there and I spot a billboard for the all new K9 !
Told the engineer driving that US marketing will need to intercept that one ...·

Originally Posted by Zaedock

I know you did some easy trails, but remember the number one rule of wheeln' is don't go alone.

Just in case you step it up a bit next time.
thumbsup2.gif

He may not have been wheeling with others but he wasn't alone in Sedona. People everywhere.

Schnebly Hill Road is another one that always has trails of oil. Hope they got the insurance on that rental cute ute.

Yep! I dumped the AMG for a 2019 JLUR and could not be happier. The upgrades and modifications have begun:

[Linked Image from iili.io]

Back