Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

56.7L of Motomaster Diesel Synthetic 5W40 in the form of 3 x 18.9L pails (Rotella T6). On sale right now for ~$120 each after taxes. Should be good the year since the BKW takes almost 12L per change and the ALH takes 4.5L of delicious synthetic lol

'98 S10 in profile is at girlfriends work (Chevrolet dealer) getting valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, & front cover with front crank seal. I asked her what kind of oil and filter do you think will go in it? She replied "I don't know, what do you want to go in it." I stopped by Wally World on the way home and got a 5 qt. jug of M1 HM 10W30, and an M1-201 oil filter and told her this is what's going in it. This should carry the truck to the 200K mile mark.

Just arrived from FCP Euro for my change next week. I'll ship back the old stuff and get my money back. Shipping is about $25 and kit is $65ish so saves $40. Great deal with their lifetime replacement guarantee.

20200626_170111.jpg

Originally Posted by TiGeo
Just arrived from FCP Euro for my change next week. I'll ship back the old stuff and get my money back. Shipping is about $25 and kit is $65ish so saves $40. Great deal with their lifetime replacement guarantee.

Do you wear a helmet inside your VW or Ford?
You are serious business in allegiance / patronage to Liqui Moly.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by TiGeo

Do you wear a helmet inside your VW or Ford?
You are serious business in allegiance / patronage to Liqui Moly.
thumbsup2.gif

Hahaha...no of course not. No different than anyone else's brand allegiances. They make good products with good support and I like to support the Euro vendors I patronize...simple as that. Happy to use Mobil 1 from Costco as well.

Last edited:
Two 5 quart jugs of Valvoline Synthetic Maxlife 5w20

Two Fram Titanium FS9688 oil filters

My Subaru that calls for 0w20 likes 5w20 better and my Hyundai LOVES the bigger baseplate holes on the Titanium filter
grin2.gif

My Hyundai 2.4 this week has fallen head-over-heels with it's first-ever AC Delco PF1127 Ecore filter.

If I listen intently underneath, I can hear the filter/ oil pan area giggle.
Love at first sight. Wedding & honeymoon scheduled for Seoul.

(4) M1 vanilla 10W30
(2) M1 EP 0W20
(2) M1 EP HM 5W30

All are 5qt jugs

Didn't really need anymore engine oil, But when its $11+tax each jug then why not ???
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Dave
You must have lots of storage, deep pockets and loads of time - to bargain with all the Autozone, O'Reilly and Advance Auto store managers.
I want to be like that, when I grow up.
Go Mobil-1

My wife recently acquired a 1974 Super Beetle and I just did the 1st oil change on it using Valvoline racing full syn 20w50 VR1 due to its high zinc content w/a WIX spin on filter (her bug has a spin on adapter added) Wally world has this oil down to $8.66qt online. For the last 10 yrs I had a good stash of Castrol Green german syn oil but I have finely run out. I also recently used thi VR1 oil in my 2 cyl kawasaki lawn mower engine. YMMV

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Dave
You must have lots of storage, deep pockets and loads of time - to bargain with all the Autozone, O'Reilly and Advance Auto store managers.
I want to be like that, when I grow up.
Go Mobil-1

Storage: Yes I sure do lol
thumbsup2.gif

Deep pockets: Meh... Lets just say I don't have many expenses like most people do, No kids(I think
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
), No mortgage
wink.gif

Free Time: Yes, for now in Texas. But soon could change if/when I move back home up to Chicago
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
2 of the 5qt jugs of Castrol's Magnetec 0w-20 that were on clearance at Wally World for $14 about two weeks ago. Perfect for my 2 college student's Ford Focus engines. They generally do 1 year 3,000 to 5,000 ocis.

Last jug of M1 AP 5w30 for $17 ... first and last from Walmart ... got a bunch at AZ clearance last year

Bought 2 5quart jugs of M1 0W-20 UP from Walmart.com for ~$24 a piece and submitted for the rebate. Wish I knew about this rebate last year.

I purchased in total 21 gallons of Chevron Delo 400LE/400XSP 5W40 from the clearance rack of various Walmarts across Indiana. Also picked up a 2.5 gallons jug of T6 5w40, and bought a couple of Fram XG9837s from Rural King while on sale for $8.

Back