Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Alaskanmont
Originally Posted by 77Se7en
When on a trip to Autozone today.

Got two 5 quart jugs of Quaker State 5W-30 synthetic and 2 Motorcraft oil filters. They were running a monthly oil change special. Kinda got screwed on the 2 additional quarts I needed to buy for the car, as they were not on sale.....

Still a good deal overall.

No mention of price on that oil/filter combo and why didn't you just buy a third five quart jug? Are you retiring from changing oils after this one?
Doesn't Florida have Walmart there? You probably get the same combo at the same everyday prices at Walmart and even get to improve on the oil filter choice.

I paid $27.99 for each 5 quart jug and oil filter (combined). I use the Motorcraft filters as I am still under warranty with my Ford Mustang although I will probably change to napa gold (Wix) once out of the warranty mileage. I hate going to Wal-mart. Between the rude people shopping there, and the rude people that work there,, I dont feel the need to support them. Life is to short for me to worry about a $25.00 to $50.00 differance in oil change costs each year.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Don't worry about the peanut gallery questioning your purchases.

Thank you PimTac and I dont worry about it at all. Automobiles and mechanical tinkering are a hobby of mine so I dont mind spending a little more as I see fit. If oil change costs break my fiscal budget then I have bigger problems I should be dealing with. I went with the Quaker State synthetic as the store "special" was the same price as buying the Motorcraft semi-synthetic. I've used Pennzoil and Quaker State oils for many years and haven't had any issues with their Products.

I paid $27.99 for each 5 quart jug and oil filter (combined). I use the Motorcraft filters as I am still under warranty with my Ford Mustang although I will probably change to napa gold (Wix) once out of the warranty mileage. I hate going to Wal-mart. Between the rude people shopping there, and the rude people that work there,, I dont feel the need to support them. Life is to short for me to worry about a $25.00 to $50.00 differance in oil change costs each year.

Yeah, Walmart has the best prices on oil, but it's tiresome to walk in there with the gazillion people around you and, oftentimes, clueless employees. I took a break from going there with this Covid-19, and after a few weeks took a trip and just realized I don't miss it at all. You can find good deals on oil in the auto part stores if you follow this board - I avoid Wally like the plague...or the 'Rona for that matter.

Last edited:
[Linked Image]

Some rotella gas truck in 5w-30 and 0w-20 from Advance on clearance. $10.45/jug, 2.45 or so per qt

Originally Posted by lawrencerd
[Linked Image]

Some rotella gas truck in 5w-30 and 0w-20 from Advance on clearance. $10.45/jug, 2.45 or so per qt

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Post reported
Don't refer to members as coming from, or raised in a peanut gallery.
Your belittling comments need to end. You tear into members, when you need to tear into topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post reported
Your belittling comments need to end. You tear into members, when you need to tear into topic.

Most importantly. What the h3ll is a peanut gallery ?? Sponsored by Planters ??

Dave

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Post reported

Dave

Its apparent your didn't watch the Howdy Duddy and Buffalo Bob show Circa 1950's.

Post reported

I'm surprised you don't have him on ignore like me.

You can't be serious you reported a post to the moderators because someone said you were in the "peanut gallery". Gee whiz if I thought every time someone considered me part of the peanut gallery as being "belittling" I'd have packed it in years ago.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Post reported

Dave

Its apparent your didn't watch the Howdy Duddy and Buffalo Bob show Circa 1950's.

It's apparent you haven't recognized that the term peanut gallery is a home for squirrel brains / peanut brain individuals and I surely don't fit-the-bill on that.
Moderation and Administration here has received four different belittling complaints I sent regarding member PimTac and they've done absolutely nothing 4 times.

Thank you everyone for sharing16 years of BITOG with me. I did my best in the past several months trying to interject a little humor in this place, to lighten-up the mood here that's taken a sour turn recently. Since management favors the 4-5 belittlers that constantly roam here over me, I'm going to do what I told Helen I was about to do a few weeks ago....... quit my membership of this place.

Farewell.

Post reported

Dave

Oh that old timer "Boomer" kids show that was in Back to the future
thumbsup2.gif

I might be a "embryo" here. I'm only 36
grin2.gif

Dave

I used to refer to just about any likable group as a/the peanut gallery.

Always looked at it as a Schulz reference.

[Linked Image]

Post reported

Dave

It's apparent you haven't recognized that the term peanut gallery is a home for squirrel brains / peanut brain individuals and I surely don't fit-the-bill on that.
Moderation and Administration here has received four different belittling complaints I sent regarding member PimTac and they've done absolutely nothing 4 times.

Thank you everyone for sharing16 years of BITOG with me. I did my best in the past several months trying to interject a little humor in this place, to lighten-up the mood here that's taken a sour turn recently. Since management favors the 4-5 belittlers that constantly roam here over me, I'm going to do what I told Helen I was about to do a few weeks ago....... quit my membership of this place.

Farewell.

lol.gif
wow.

Two 5 quart jugs of QS 10w40 that were marked down to 4 bucks each at WM yesterday. I'll mix this with some 0w20 that I've had for a few years and want to use up.

Last week picked up a gallon of Mobil 1 5w40 Turbo diesel oil for 5 bucks and 5 individual quarts of Pennzoil 10w40 HM marked down to a dollar each at WM.

Post reported

Dave

Farewell.

People with insecurity issues tend to do that. It's up to the Moderators whether it rises to the level of removing them from membership. Try to be understanding of people with emotional issues and move along realizing that the issue is not you personally and therefore has no reflection on you as an individual. That's the way the rest of the Membership views the personal attacks.

2018 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Out: Mobil 1 Advanced SN+ 5W-30 w/ M1 Filter
In: Motorcraft Blend WSS-M2C961-A1 SP GF-6A 5W-30 w/ Motorcraft FL500S Filter

Stuff like this is bound to happen when someone has an opinion on everything. Can't please everyone.

Originally Posted by Gene K
2018 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Out: Mobil 1 Advanced SN+ 5W-30 w/ M1 Filter
In: Motorcraft Blend WSS-M2C961-A1 SP GF-6A 5W-30 w/ Motorcraft FL500S Filter

Wrong thread

Post reported

Farewell.

You rant about belittling posts, and posts tearing into others.

Then you tear into others and belittle the moderators.

Your hypocrisy is noted.

Your farewell is granted.

Last edited:
Back