Tube fitting size

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need this type tube fitting. The bore diameter should be 3mm. 1/8" should be okay. Any idea how I can find the right size online? The only measurements given are the thread size and the barb diameter.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for the link. If the thread is 1/8" the bore must be smaller. The next size up is a 1/4" thread which will have a bore that's too big. I could drill it out and install a sleeve to get a 3mm bore.

I assume you are trying to find a match for current connector/threads(?) If so the thread size is sometimes less than easy to find depending on the COO.

May be the angle of pic, but that thread looks like a non-tapered (straight) thread. Metric sizes are also available so hard to tell the exact size and threads from a pic. IME the best approach is to take it to the local hardware store and compare the thread to the available sizes. If hardware store doesn't have it you can always find the correct size on the interwebs.

Last edited:
Looks like a straight thread to me.
Doesn't look like fine pitch, Metric or English.
You could take it to your local Lowe's or Home Depot fastener aisle, and thread it into their thread gages to see if it's English or Metric.
Then order the appropriate fitting from McMaster-Carr or MSC.
Or maybe your local Fastenal has fittings that you can compare side-by-side.
Or if you can't get out of the house, just order barbed fittings in 3mm and 1/8" sizes.

Last edited:
Not 100% sure that it's 1/8' pipe, but if it's non-tapered, then it's probably 1/8" NPS (Nominal Pipe Size). Pipe sizes are denominated by their internal diameter, so 1/8" is around 4mm.

You are all focusing on the thread size and type. The only important spec is the bore diameter. I can work around everything else. The picture is just a generic image I found online to give you a general idea of what I'm looking for. The solution I pointed out will work. I just need to get the fitting.

A Parker Hannifin 125HB-3-2 has a flow diameter of 0.125", a 1/8 NPT male thread and the barb designed for 3/16" ID tubing. There are similar products in plastic. If you want more info, search the web for Parker 3501E, the catalog ID. It's 452 pages.
[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back