Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
As long as they release news every Thursday of more $$$$ injected into the economy.....

20+ million unemployed folks in the USA will NOT hurt the markets.

If Uncle Sam put 20+ million people on a permanent salary (not gonna happen), then the markets won't care.

At some point, if millions of people remain unemployed I can't see how the economy and markets can keep going up again forever like it did for the last 10 years.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

At some point, if millions of people remain unemployed I can't see how the economy and markets can keep going up again forever like it did for the last 10 years.

Something like 45% of the population pays no taxes, and a lot of the chronically unemployed are not even counted as "unemployed" anymore. Some times multiple generations of famlies have not even worked.

Point is, the economy can get by with high unemployment, since the real numbers are much, much higher than most people realize anyway. I can show you a town in East TX where 90% of the abled body people just do not work.

It's getting worse every day.

Can't say much cause it might sound political, prepare for very hard times in the USA.

This is just the beginning....

My XOM and AMD are up pretty nice. Since I reported the 24000 target the market hit that. We now shall see what is going to happen next. I will be looking to short off this rally and start establishing those positions. The market should start to roll over soon. Too many people long still and bullish which means we should have one heck of a selloff that should setup another avalanche. We shall see.

Can't say much cause it might sound political, prepare for very hard times in the USA.

Yes, I agree with you but then there is a side of me that has learned not to "buck" the market.
I do think people are kidding themselves, things will get real bad, at the same time, is the market already looking past that point or better said looking past the next quarter or two?

I dont know but this current market not looking like reality.
I REALLY wanted to buy more of my favorite stock (WMT) but holding back now, hoping to see another dip to 106 maybe?
Also hoping for another dip in WFC but the darn things is taking off like a rocket. NO WAY am I going to chase either one. I do have some others on my mind and bottom line, I know sooner or later I will have another chance ... I think ... we will see but I know... right ? *L*
I KNOW there are tons of more "aggressive" companies out there selling at wholesale prices (even though the run up this week killed some of that) which can return much better results if all goes well but unless I feel great about any Ill keep things less risky and conservative which I feel I am at with the above two.

Last edited:

Bad, bad, bad! Try to have a little faith!!

Hard to avoid being political (which you kinda just did) and maybe getting banned, isn't it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 007

Hard to avoid being political (which you kinda just did) and maybe getting banned, isn't it?

Bringing up the truth is not political.

25+ million people in the USA unemployed.

10,000 people show up at a food bank last week in San Antonio, TX...... but everything is sunshine and roses cause the market goes up.

Originally Posted by 007

10,000 people show up at a food bank last week in San Antonio, TX...... but everything is sunshine and roses cause the market goes up.

Its going to be different times for sure. That said, unless you can provide real numbers from a untainted source please just stick to stock market recommendations. Think about who may be reading into your post and is on the edge! Speculation can hurt!!

Originally Posted by 007

And a lot of people might be going back to work real soon. Having a clouded attitude will affect your judgement on anything.

Some entertainment.

https://youtu.be/BkzE23pyME4

...... but everything is sunshine and roses cause the market goes up.

Well this thread is about the stock market. Those other things we can't talk about for you know what reasons although someone else made a good point that it's the news and the same as talking about traffic.

As for the title for someone else, you can change the title when responding.

Originally Posted by 007
Speculation can hurt!!

The whole stock market is influenced by speculation.

Originally Posted by 007

Yeah, it's kind of amazing that the market is still going up as much as it is when you have all the lose of jobs and the ramifications of what's going on now rippling throughout the country. Just goes to show the market is steered by many things besides what's actually taking place in the real world. Must be driven more about "speculation and hope" than reality it seems.

Yeah, it's kind of amazing that the market is still going up as much as it is when you have all the lose of jobs and the ramifications of what's going on now rippling throughout the country. Just goes to show the market is steered by many things besides what's actually taking place in the real world. Must be driven more about "speculation and hope" than reality it seems.

Well it's always been said that the markets aren't priced at the current market, it's what they expect 3-6 months from now and I guess the markets see that we're turning the corner in terms of the current situation. Or it thinks we are. That's why you see stocks go down when companies meet or beat their earnings as it was already priced in and just meeting or beating it by a little can translate to disappointment in the price.

Originally Posted by 007

This virus thing is not going to last forever, the Market knows that there is still a pulse despite the lead blanket as of recent.

Originally Posted by talest

This virus thing is not going to last forever, the Market knows that there is still a pulse despite the lead blanket as of recent.

Yes, mostly based on hope and a pulse. But if 25 million people became unemployed and tons of businesses shut down and may never recover due to some other reason, how do you think the stock market would react?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back