Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dblshock
after POTUS DJIA futures down -900

At this rate the dow might be closing in the teens by the end of the week.

Originally Posted by dblshock
I was told on T.V. this is all a 'hoax'

It will be a hoax whoever has the vaccine for it and always did and let the Coronavirus spread worldwide. I mean that's millions in revenue.

Originally Posted by miden851
As I've said no one cares for average Joe; the president himself missed a free kick opportunity tonight so markets reacted that way...

Maybe Joe could work harder on being above average

I was looking at the charts last night. Not good! The only positive I can see is we should get a pretty good bounce from this avalanche. The problem is many will think its a buying opportunity for a long and possibly get crushed.

Mr. Nice and I discussed sitting on the sidelines and selling some winners a few months ago.

"Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."

- Warren Buffett

Someone a few posts back (or more) mentioned QID.
I have to give him credit, that was a good call.

I actually bought more WMT on Wed. Im a gluten for punishment and in it for the long term. Before today, Thurs open I am still up on WMT which I purchased March 2019, I guess we will see what today holds for me, if it gets really slammed I may buy more ... that QID from the other person was a nice play and insurance policy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Amkeer
I was looking at the charts last night. Not good! The only positive I can see is we should get a pretty good bounce from this avalanche. The problem is many will think its a buying opportunity for a long and possibly get crushed.

This is true. It has been very tempting to buy. I nibbled on some CC after it took its first few days drop from this, and it hit more downside. At some point XOM and RDS.B seem like good bets, maybe, but with the oil plunge I think they have more to drop to price in a dividend cut.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by miden851
As I've said no one cares for average Joe; the president himself missed a free kick opportunity tonight so markets reacted that way...

Maybe Joe could work harder on being above average

thumbsup2.gif

I hope you're old enough and you're aware deep down that there is more to the one's life story than just a clean cut sheet, work harder and smarter...

looks like we'll take out that second breaker @-13%
I'm a short term buyer there TQQQ

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by Amkeer

This is true. It has been very tempting to buy. I nibbled on some CC after it took its first few days drop from this, and it hit more downside. At some point XOM and RDS.B seem like good bets, maybe, but with the oil plunge I think they have more to drop to price in a dividend cut.

I'm a buyer of more CC here. Note I bought some before and so the intent is to DCA down. Not an endorsement for anyone else to do the same.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Mr. Nice and I discussed sitting on the sidelines and selling some winners a few months ago.

"Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."

- Warren Buffett

Yep, I remember telling you I was getting worried about all the various ‘bad news' on the horizon while the markets kept going up and up. Felt similar to the Dot Com run up.

Besides seeing what Warren Buffet had in cash..... I also was listening to Ray Dalio and his market views on various YouTube videos. Lots of things he talked about that's never mentioned by Jim Cramer types on cable TV.

Edit time ran out.

In one of Ray's videos he says.... "When you know nothing, you learn everything"

Definitely a Tweetable quote that's true in life. ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Pew
I just opened up a robinhood account. My first step ever in stocks, would be nice to learn more about this stuff.

A great contrarian indicator... that and the magazine covers, like the one The Economist had right before the crash.
Folks with spare cash will be buying a lot of real businesses for pennies soon.

Originally Posted by Y_K
Originally Posted by Pew
I just opened up a robinhood account. My first step ever in stocks, would be nice to learn more about this stuff.

A great contrarian indicator... that and the magazine covers, like the one The Economist had right before the crash.
Folks with spare cash will be buying a lot of real businesses for pennies soon.

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back