Pressure washer pump oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the interchange specification for the pump lube oil? (not the gas engine, the water pump)
(Troy-Bilt/Generac 2450 psi/2.5 gpm)

THANKS!

Ive seen very little info on it.

Personally, I have a cat pump on my washer, but from what Ive read, cat pump oil is the best stuff out there (its blue color).

that said, ive een no info on the change interval. Im thinking to change mine like engine oil for the unit.

JMH

Years ago, I remember reading that M1 is a good oil to use in pressure washer pumps. Not sure if the person saying this had any test results. I did swap to M1 in my homless depot purchased pres washer. Many years of hard use without problems.

Chris

The manual specs a part number.
Some other internet research indicates 30W non-detergent which seems pretty lame.
The M1 suggestion sounds good.

I run a weight of Schaeffer's non-detergent oil in mine. I think it's this stuff:

http://www.schaefferoil.com/112_htc_oil.html

The reason why you should run non-detergent oil in these applications is because the oil won't foam.

That Mobil 1 recommendation sounds pretty lame ... like someone talking out of their butthole. It might work, but I wouldn't give it any weight.

--- Bror Jace

i checked w/troybuilt..you can use briggs/stratton p/n 6033 full syn@ i got mine @ lowes.
15oz bottle

redhorse554, that'll probably work OK, especially if changed regularly.

But I also feel that's over-paying for what is most likely a Group III oil. Heck, if they say to use a synthetic motor oil, I'd use a Group IV or V I know about.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

I would run what they suggest. Some recommend 30w, others 75w90. My pressure washer pump recommends 75w90 oil, and I currently have some Redline 75w90 in it leftover from my BMW differential fluid change.

I use straight 30, non-detergent oil, and have done so for over 30 years in the same machine.

13 year old thread or not.. its still relevant IMO...
wink.gif

Ive used synth 5w30.. simply because its what I had... and.... I will admit... I didnt know any better... and still dont... LOL
Ive done 2 or 3 oil changes... i have no idea if I'm slowly killing my Karcher pressure washer.... but its still rolling... at this point its getting old , and it doesnt owe me anything.
pressure take up is always my problem .. many you-tube vids on that
my 2c
J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back