737 max... what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems P&W brought the R&D results to market but only fit one of the aforementioned aircraft line

When will they have an over stock sale on those Max planes? Since it cost $ to scrap maybe they will go for $500 or so.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by Exhaustgases
When will they have an over stock sale on those Max planes? Since it cost $ to scrap maybe they will go for $500 or so.
banana2.gif

Is there any aspect of aviation where you actually have knowledge and technical understanding? Every one of the posts I've seen so far have been a complete train wreck just like this one.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Exhaustgases
banana2.gif

Is there any aspect of aviation where you actually have knowledge and technical understanding? Every one of the posts I've seen so far have been a complete train wreck just like this one.

Yep. He has been playing everyone here for several threads.

Once the Max is cleared to fly again I wont hesitate to get on one. By the time this is all over its going to be one most heavily scrutinized planes in the sky and I'll worry way more about the skillset of the two people driving it than I will about the plane itself. I think Boeing is going to come out a long stronger for it as well. Lots of lessons being learned here. Working in this industry for 20+ years I have seen what I personally consider a fair bit of voodoo engineering and MCAS is one of the least of my concerns.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I agree.

Boeing does need to clean up their assembly habits and deal with this FOD problem.

When I toured the Everett facility 4 years ago, I saw FOD prevention posters all over the place there, granted the public tour is only allowed on the catwalk observation decks but we did walk through the hangar floor very close to the 777 production line.

It was Boeing's oldest facility and union - I wonder if the non-union Charleston facility that was once part of Voight/Alenia Aerospace has laxer rules about FOD in place?

Originally Posted by nthach
I agree.

Boeing does need to clean up their assembly habits and deal with this FOD problem.

When I toured the Everett facility 4 years ago, I saw FOD prevention posters all over the place there, granted the public tour is only allowed on the catwalk observation decks but we did walk through the hangar floor very close to the 777 production line.

It was Boeing's oldest facility and union - I wonder if the non-union Charleston facility that was once part of Voight/Alenia Aerospace has laxer rules about FOD in place?

The rules should be the same across all facilities and lines.

That might be the same as make sure those Lincoln's are ship shape but for the Fords, it's okay to leave a mess.

Union or not it's the workers responsibility to stick to the rules.

Union or not it's the workers responsibility to stick to the rules.

Yep, rules are useless without people who follow those rules. Sounds like lazy workers and/or lack of training. Also maybe some lack of QA involvement.

Yep. He has been playing everyone here for several threads.

True but its hard to turn away from a train wreck... he is just an old guy blowing on his soup at Applebees...

Last edited:
Further proof that you actually have no idea how airlines work.

We would love to have our MAXs back and up in the air. They're more efficient that our NGs and would be cheaper to operate thanks to the maintenance honeymoon many of our MAXs still enjoy.

So when half the fleet of all the airlines is headed for storage in the desert, why would they want a max 8 that will for sure scare away passengers?

Half a fleet going to storage? What fleet are you talking about?

Don't conflate consumer fear versus what would be in the best interest of the airline. Those are two separate issues. The fact of the matter is that the MAX is still much more efficient and cost effective right now for an airline. No airline that owns and operates them is thinking that the MAX "may not be needed".

Originally Posted by JustN89

Don't conflate consumer fear versus what would be in the best interest of the airline. Those are two separate issues. The fact of the matter is that the MAX is still much more efficient and cost effective right now for an airline. No airline that owns and operates them is thinking that the MAX "may not be needed".

I highly doubt MAX is top of the concern for AA leadership.
On other hand, great opportunity for government to rain in stupid behavior of leadership like AA.

Originally Posted by edyvw

I highly doubt MAX is top of the concern for AA leadership.
On other hand, great opportunity for government to rain in stupid behavior of leadership like AA.

That's really neither here nor there, and not even remotely close to what was being discussed. Not once did I make the suggestion that the MAX was even close to priority one right now. Thanks for the input, as always.

The Max is the least of the airlines worries right now. United is reducing capacity by 50%. Delta and American are doing similar reductions.

So just to get this back on where it was going after being derailed, this was not a discussion about whether or not the MAX is currently a priority. Rather, it was a rebuttal to the ignorant statement that:
The rate things are going the max may not be needed anymore.

The fact of the matter is that the MAX is still much more efficient and cost effective right now for an airline. No airline that owns and operates them is thinking that the MAX "may not be needed".

I could turn out that once the Max gets back to service the airlines will start using them heavily if they are more efficient and cost effective ... could save the airlines some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back