Chevy 6.0L Spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Eric Smith
I'm not sure the electrical forum is a good spot spark plug questions IMO....

Batteries, alternators, starters, older DC generators, Regulators, ECU's, Sensors, Wiring, Internal and external Lighting, In-Car Entertainment Systems, Spark Plugs, Ignition coils, Ignition Systems, Ignition Wires, and even seat bottom warmers are all electrically powered and considered part of Automotive Electrical.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith
I'm not sure the electrical forum is a good spot spark plug questions IMO.

The dog house is removed. Rockauto doesn't list the knock sensors so not sure where I'll get those from. I'll wait till I have it apart to see what I need. So far the exhaust bolts are coming out.. that could change anytime though.

Another question would be should I get new intake bolts also? From what I read the factory locktite can skew torque readings. Maybe that won't matter with new gaskets.

Rockauto does have knock sensors - and like Mike said - get the GM ones. I used the Delphi ones which are the OEM ones anyway but were cheaper than the reboxed GM ones.

Without knowing you wouldn't know one is Iridium and the other Double platinum. And I shot myself in the foot with the spark plug wires. I thought I was ordering AC-Delco wires but turned out to be cheap knock-offs. I was able to pull the factory wires without damaging them. All the wires read fairly close, between .800-.825k. I only tested three of the cheapys and those were between 1.01-1.20k. I'm tempted to just rerun the factory wires.. Thoughts?

[Linked Image]

Disregard.. ordered Taylor Cable 82205 ThunderVolt 8.2 Spark Plug Wire Set from Amazon. I don't want to be at the furthest point in Alaska and one of those to fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back