Are these Motorcraft Spark Plugs Counterfeit? SP413

I think you are more likely to find counterfeit parts from third party vendors on Amazon, and very likely to get counterfeit parts if bought on eBay.
Generally true.

One can improve their chances on Ebay by doing some detective work...check the country they ship from (I only buy from USA), check what else they sell (auto parts, great....blenders, curling irons, watches, and nick nacks...probably not). Also check their feedback, and google search the name of the seller...many car dealers run an Ebay site as well and not always with the same name as their dealership. I have found some incredible deals on Toytota, BMW and Ferrari factory oem parts from factory dealers liquidating inventory.

Also, you have 100% return/money back with the Ebay guarantee...the buyer rules on Ebay. I know, as a seller I have been scammed before.

But if that is all too much trouble, then absolutely buy from a trusted seller such as your local dealer, or truted online parts house.

At $2.82 each I don't see the motivation to counterfeit. If it were some $15 exotic metal plug, maybe.

Rockauto is a time warp, you can find stuff from decades ago or just made yesterday.

Be careful with your anecdotal world-view, this seems like "Well *I* have never heard of it, so it *must* be fake."

If those were mine, I'd run them, and see how they do.

Back