ACDelco UPF48R Ultraguard failure: low oil pressure after about 6k miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tundraotto
there are obviously some problem(s) with that engine....way too much for that low miles.

Yep, and the trips were long, so that makes it even more evident that it's not normal combustion condensation, unless there's no thermostat in this engine and the oil never warms up to full temperature (200F or higher).

Temp has always been stable at a hair past 210 per the gauge. I live in the great white North so maybe that has something to do with it too. It's been quite a warm and humid winter here versus the last eight years I've lived up here. Normally this time of year it's -20 to -30 ambient. Lately it has been in the mid-teens to high 20's.

Just to put that possibility aside, do you have one of those infrared temp guns? If you do, just shoot a temp at the thermostat housing to confirm 210 F.
smile.gif

Better keep an eye on your coolant level. That seems like too much condensation in the oil to consider normal, especially with your kind of driving.

I've been watching the coolant level since I flushed and refilled it over the summer and the level is exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back