Amsoil Signature Series Fuel-Efficient vs maxlife ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tried either one yet but I have some Amsoil that I'm waiting to install. Amsoil is considerably more expensive but apparently both are very good and quite popular with forum members. Can't go wrong with either.

StevieC, another member on the forum, used with a good success in his Highlander.

Originally Posted by madeej11
Originally Posted by tundraotto
Trust me - you CAN go wrong with ATF.

Ok, let's hear it...

The clutches will slip in the Prius
lol.gif

Originally Posted by jrommelt
Has anyone used Amsoil
Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid ATL in Toyota Yet?
https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...omatic-transmission-fluid/?code=ATLPK-EA

I used Amsoil SS Fuel Efficient ATF in my Chevy Equinox which are known to be hard on ATF. No filter to change. It requires a Dexron VI spec and Amsoil SS meets and exceeded that. After only 10k miles on another so-called universal ATF it was black and foul smelling. Had some minor hard shifting and noise. OIl analysis showed high wear metals. My dealer did a complete fluid exchange using Amsoil SS ATF, after 12k miles, it is still bright red, issues gone, and wear metals are 1/4 of that of the previous ATF.

Which ever brand you use, complete a full fluid exchange and filter change if possible.

Last edited:
I would run the proper ATF/ATL as listed in the Amsoil website for your vehicle & transmission.

I run the Amsoil fuel efficient ATL in my Ford as that is what Amsoil lists.

running amsoil atf in my 2012 rav4 for 60k miles. Nothing bad has happened. I also use their gear oil in my rear dif and transfer case. I've used maxlife atf also in the same toyota with no issues.

I've used it for 60k in a 2016 Camry without issue. Toyota WS was shot and shifting funny at 23k.

It's also been in my Prius for about 49k so far. No issues there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back