How quick does your Christmas tree come down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dogememe
What christmas tree? Didn't do one this year.

Same here.

We have some little artificial ones we put up every year. Its a series of 3 skinny ones that are different heights. My wife takes everything down a day or two after Christmas. We do very little decoration outside because we feel it's a waste of time for such a short period of time and we have a lot of landscape lighting in regular non color bulbs anyway that we leave on year around. When we were kids we would knock the real Christmas tree down at least every couple days and my mom would chew us out every time. We didn't do it on purpose but we were quite rambunctious as kids and just having fun playing.

Day after. In the past it was at least after New Years, but the 3 cats my wife insists on keeping completely destroyed our 2 year old pre-lit tree, so it went in the trash. And I'm not buying another.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Jan 6 is Ukrainian Christmas Eve as celebrated on the Julian Calendar.

+1

It's not a Ukraine Christmas Eve but the Orthodox Christmas Eve, nonetheless

We don't celebrate Christmas so no expenses for the tree in our household
grin.gif

Mines coming down this week. Hate it, I love the smell and the way it lights up the room. My tree is in really good shape still, not dry at all.

If I sold household insurance I would cut you a break if you didn't have a real tree.. You have 5 gallons of gas wrapped in flimsy lights in your living when you use a real tree. If you dont believe me,,come January7 take the tree out back and burn it, A few flicks of a Bic will touch it off. in less than 30 seconds it fill be totally lit.We had a real tree as always. I hope to talk her into letting me have it gone. I want to use the space for my new to me treadmill
grin2.gif

Whenever the wife feels like it. She has a particular way the ornaments are to be packed, so while the tree going up is a family affair, coming down is something she just does when she feels like it.

Haven't had a "real" tree in years, so it could stay up year round. I've argued for that, since it'd save on setup time (just like the lights on the house), but I have yet to win that one.

Originally Posted by Donald
I read somewhere that in Germany they rent and deliver a live Christmas tree in a pot and then remove it after Christmas.

I heard some homeowners complain about the tree delivered being bare in spots, some without a straight top branch......etc.
Always best to pick out your own live tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back