Christmas morning. How times have changed ...

Noticed the last few years no kids out playing with their new Christmas gifts, back in the day all the neighbor kids would be out with their new bikes, skates, roller blades. Motorized cars and trucks would be going up and down the street, little girls would be out with their dolls and little strollers, kids throwing balls with their new bats and mitts, just went out and not one kid out playing. :(

Noticed the last few years no kids out playing with their new Christmas gifts, back in the day all the neighbor kids would be out with their new bikes, skates, roller blades. Motorized cars and trucks would be going up and down the street, little girls would be out with their dolls and little strollers, kids throwing balls with their new bats and mitts, just went out and not one kid out playing. :(
I posted a picture of my soda stream

They got new iPhones and game systems. They ride the couch.

I live on a dead end road, lots are 6 to 10 acres, 17 houses total on the road.
I saw many adults, and kids, out playing with various things today. Drones flying overhead, shiny new ATVs, kites, foam gliders, guys in their driveway adding truck accessories, people just walking around. Saw a whole family out with RC trucks, and a new 4 seater ATV.

Bikes in the middle of winter? Ice skates maybe.

All the little Mexican kids were out across the street from me this morning (& last night too)… They scare me, though, we live on a cut-through street & they don’t have a lot of fear of the hoopty maniacs I have flying around here!

Plenty of kids in my neighborhood but are rarely seen.. Maybe their parents are "hovering" over them like a helicopter and keep them inside. Maybe they are lazy, who knows? They get gifts that are held in their hands and can be operated while on the sofa. They rarely leave the house. A new bike means nothing to them. A new bike was the best Christmas present I ever received.

I am sure glad I grew up in the 70's.

This made me think of a year my buddy (he always got expensive gifts) got Burton snow boards for Christmas. Two of them. And guess what? he chose me to try out the other with him. We went to some mountain in VT that allowed them. These were the original Burton boards. Wood and no edges. And I'd trade all my tomorrows, for, a single yesterday....

The kids in Canada are playing this.

AC30EF73-1356-45F8-A7AE-CC3C8E76C4AF.jpeg

Back