This is on topic - I promise....

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have better filter data than I can find? here is the problem:

my 1998 Cub Cadet 7275 (mitusbishi tractor, K3M motor) takes the following 3 filters:

30A4000102 - for oil. I have found this to be xreffed as the Pennzoil PZ109, Baldwin B1402, Wix 51356, Hastings LF240, Casite CA240 etc. no problem there and I can get filters for $4ish rather than the dealers $12ish. (got a case of PZ109s for 50 cents each when Central Tractor went tits up)

MA19632558000 - for the hydrostatic drive. On the Jplan board (3 years ago) it was stated that Balwdin was making a BT260 and Wix a 51664 to replace this. IS this true? can anyone xref this? Currently neither website xrefs to the mitsu number, but do to each other.

MA19642509000 - for the tractor hydraulics. Wix xrefs on the website for 57118, which crosses to Hastings KF47 and Baldwin BC7173 so Im fairly confident here.

Any other sources I can verify? Hydraulic pumps and hydrstatic drives are hideously expensive and I cringe at sending $80 per lube cycle to mitsubishi....

I work at a govt. utility company. They have all kinds of high dollar mowers, tractors, and things like that in one of the outdoor maint. departments. They always use Napa Gold and WIX (which is the same product) oil and air filters from our local parts stores. These filters have got to be good to keep these high useage, high dollar machines going. Our company only spends money to replace a machine if it has to. But they will spend it on machine maint. and service. Also I use the same brands of filters above on all my trucks and cars. Hope this helped..
patriot.gif

Much of the purchasing by government, business, institutions, etc. has nothing to do price and serviceability. Much of it has to do with accepting purchase orders, approved suppliers, free delivery, and free lunches. In the early 80's I was managing a small production plant. There was nothing in the place I didn't sign for, from rail cars of raw materials to toilet paper. I discovered purchasing was paying $1 a roll for the toilet paper. It wasn't even good stuff.

They may be buying Wix because somebody proved it is cost effective, or because it is easier for purchasing to deal with NAPA.

QuadDriver

Check out fleetguard.com and donaldson.com.

You might call your local John Deere dealer they market parts for many other brands. JD has most of their filters made by Fleetguard.

Can't blame you for looking for an alternative to those high costs OEM parts.

However, hydro filters are just plain expensive due to there specialized application and HD construction. In my case the OEM (John Deere) cost $26.00 but the WIX or Baldwin exrefed out at several bucks cheaper.

Oh buy the way I went OEM because the Wix & Baldwin parts all listed multiple applications and the Fleetguard (JD) was designated to fit my application only.

[ July 21, 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Neil Womack ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back