Bought my first Tractor

The shop manual is about $110 and worth it for the Kubota

I agree first thing I did when I got home was look for a shop manual. Ordered one from this outfit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubota-L33...48aca38b4f021fe8152a|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

Was surprised to find one so reasonable even if this isn't one from actual Kubota.

The guy was moving and couldn't find any of his paperwork other than the invoice from when he bought it.. So I definetly needed some guidance.

I agree first thing I did when I got home was look for a shop manual. Ordered one from this outfit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubota-L3301-L3901-L4701-Service-Workshop-Repair-parts-manual-in-binder/124535324009?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item1cfee23d69:g:M5EAAOSwGEZfigAH&amdata=enc:AQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkp2NA0WuhQytmt4dbStg00NPymCRNZOolMp1Spdm%2BpxpMIO6NPL2e2H7M%2Bh6emgocli%2BjZTNLEGRCwcE1QoFtGzzc98wRu4y3OhsSI3Xq9D%2B5b3JD1Qqu456bhIkjmtGMWyIHk5l4hr%2Fo3ecBr%2BoAUYNEPiuqFGVaDEIeIeK%2BBkubltgfO7TMjqaKFltaxkzuL753YMu3BQvaUP7vpaJ635B%2Br5Tya%2B8RWFE7afpj5bSQSyIVwVyhlUECNr7Qrv2M3bq7LPQLiBua7IeviEEtRlzitm7vzkuOyM0JZ2WcMMTIIRjVxl%2FetmOGgfZ4GAubbZsAHo%2F6PTsDE0G0jhM%2FNXqYbNEDikEfrfwDS95A4tiO%2FCrs4UCXJDrUK0GZXSaAdC9mJckbMyFoFNnDe4JCsf2N9X4RSR0ZAuVJi8cbQF%2BLTIDOQ4zazSe3gWCOP2uVxm8uTM3Z32WSH6WH0CTGnMhJc9cO9URvTRcV9bics2eK6hf6ZU44lx0dy1YQyaoGCnJKI6OlZym9FUwxnAKybEFlDsGsR%2FhNZT0GtnhWs0OfRGAERe93BM2j4StAtzN3urFlRDb%2BN4W%2BYc93G67YtU%2FxDamNI0kIuqygFTAH%2FQq%2BzUNet%2BJuRdwbdpEKRKjrwj4m79baMSiz2M35LmGRl8z5Qaeqg9eGZU%2BCcX9Ck5SMePlRq%2BMMwFGffiiWXfCwZN7wKxYjkyfnW8RZGbambRY%2Fwact4%2B1L7osJV77pJY%2B2DoP0UKaKQGHyXj8LbjS25RWDM00LWDndHkQZACsiTNLvvbOGhfmma9HNw%2B3DSp0%3D|cksum:124535324009d58280195a1548aca38b4f021fe8152a|ampid:pL_CLK|clp:2334524

Was surprised to find one so reasonable even if this isn't one from actual Kubota.

The guy was moving and couldn't find any of his paperwork other than the invoice from when he bought it.. So I definetly needed some guidance.
Never mind, it was a partial. I thought I found a pdf link for you. They used to be easy to find.

Tractor looks very nice!

How'd your Ram do with that load? Mine would have been very unhappy...
Thanks I'm excited to have the tractor. I'll be honest the Ram towed it without any complaints at all. I went over scales otw home and my gross was 15,250 so by my math trailer weight was nearly 9,000lbs. I think tongue weight was probably 1400lbs which I know is way to heavy but didn't have many other options. I drove 55-60 on the way home and it was in 5-7 gears most of the time and it never went over 4k rpm for any of the admittedly small hills we came across in the 2hrs home. The hemi and the 8spd is a heck of a combo that continues to impress me. I am glad I put a set of airbags on the back they pretty much eliminated the squat.

I never owned anything like that, but did drive a big front-end loader when I worked for a cement company in Ohio one summer. That company was terrible regarding how they maintained there equipment, to the point that there stuff was down-right dangerous. They had a full time Diesel mechanic, but he spent most of his time on the trucks, and his hands were tied regarding maintnce, because the company was very reluctant to buy any parts.

Anyhow, if that beast was mine I would either drain and fill the hydraulic fluid, or do a UOI on the hydraulic fluid, paying attention to the water content, and then decide if a change was required. Replacing all the hydraulic fluid is cheap compared to replacing other parts in that system later if bad fluid damages it.

Thanks I'm excited to have the tractor. I'll be honest the Ram towed it without any complaints at all. I went over scales otw home and my gross was 15,250 so by my math trailer weight was nearly 9,000lbs. I think tongue weight was probably 1400lbs which I know is way to heavy but didn't have many other options. I drove 55-60 on the way home and it was in 5-7 gears most of the time and it never went over 4k rpm for any of the admittedly small hills we came across in the 2hrs home. The hemi and the 8spd is a heck of a combo that continues to impress me. I am glad I put a set of airbags on the back they pretty much eliminated the squat.
Awesome! I love mine--excellent powertrain. The squat is what would have been untenable for me, but sounds like you had that covered.

I've been shopping for a Tractor for around a year and finally got lucky yesterday. 2015 L4701 with 125hrs, Grapple, Bucket, Brush hog and tiller. I'd been looking at new L2501's, but was concerned about lift capacity with the grapple, and the Kioti CK2610 but didn't love my local dealer. This popped up a couple hrs away on FB marketplace and I sent the guy a deposit immediatly. Decent tractors sell instantly around here. I ended up with a lot more tractor than I ever though I'd have, but I don't ever hear anyone complaining about having 'to much' tractor...

I don't believe it ever had its 50hr service. Which I believe involves changing 2 hydraulic filters and the engine oil/filter, so that will be my first project. Looks like I can get OEM, Baldwin or Wix filters.
Better hop over to orange tractor talks should you need more help. I got help for my old L175 over there and plenty of helpful people.
Talk about rhyming late at night... but seriously if you dont have a manual for it or are looking for more helpful maintenance information those guys over at orange tractor can guide you and possibly even give you a free manual if your a lucky one. Also indepth repairs are covered there too!

Last edited:
Back