So, how did your Thanksgiving go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family scattered this year so only "the happy couple" needed to dine.

With both fighting small (thank God) colds we had diminished appetites.

I made Monte Cristo sandwiches, my curry potatoes and green beans.

NOTE: I skipped the usual "French Toast" elements* and made 'em plain and healthy.

* = No cinnamon etc. in the egg wash, no powdered sugar, no side of dipping jam.

I feel for the guy who spent his time on the highways. You really need to get an EARLY start to avoid it.

My cousin picked me up, along with my smoker. He fried a 16 lber and I smoked my 14.5 lber on my smoker. His daughter in law made some very tasty squirrel jambalaya and green bean casserole with bacon. His wife made some crawfish stuffing and real smashed potatoes. The food was great, the desserts were great, and will have leftovers for a few days.

4 people: me, wife, 2 kids.

Wife insist on a whole turkey and not just the breast. Then after I bake a 12#, nobody else but me was eating it. I'm on my 5th day on it.

Everything good except I screwed up the gravy. I was able to use it to repair my driveway.

Overseas - so, my wife went catered this year and regretted - none of my sisters learned to make mom's dressing but she did and will go back to that.
One of the local guys here bought 2 fresh turkeys from a farmer and a guy from Texas did a great job cooking them.

Pretty good for us. I was actually able to contribute this year with a gooseberry pie, my grandma told me I wasn't taking it home! Next year going to do more, Grandma's getting to the point she can't.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
4 people: me, wife, 2 kids.

Wife insist on a whole turkey and not just the breast. Then after I bake a 12#, nobody else but me was eating it. I'm on my 5th day on it.

You'd probably have more meat on a breast. A 12lb turkey is probably more than half bone. Less than 15lbs and there's just not that much meat on the bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back