How do you remove a drill chuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed the screw inside a drill chuck but how do you lock the armature to unscrew the chuck? Is the Chuck right? left? hand thread?

First result on a google search: Hold the drill down firmly on a solid workbench, then insert the chuck key and hit it sharply with a mallet (turning it counterclockwise) to loosen the drill chuck from the threaded spindle. You may have to repeat this several times to loosen stubborn chucks. Unscrew the old drill chuck.

My Name is Not Chuck, it's Ken !!!

[Linked Image]

After I remove the screw down in the center of the drill chuck, I'll put the short end of a large Allen key into the chuck and tighten it down. Now with the long end of the Allen key sticking out of the chuck, I'll strike the Allen key sharply with a hard mallet. Drill chuck now spins off.

Originally Posted by perfect_oil
After I remove the screw down in the center of the drill chuck, I'll put the short end of a large Allen key into the chuck and tighten it down. Now with the long end of the Allen key sticking out of the chuck, I'll strike the Allen key sharply with a hard mallet. Drill chuck now spins off.

Tighten the Chuck, that's the trick.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Tighten an Allen socket in the chuck then simply bump the socket with an impact gun

Even better, Allen socket, I have a short straight hex bar I'll use, and I have an impact gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back