2009 Ford F350 making Fords great again.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by dlundblad
What do you expect the fuel mileage to be?

I am guessing 12-14 MPG

Not sure how that coverts to liter/100 Km

Should be getting 18 mpg empty and 10-12 towing. Estimates as I haven't put it on the road yet.

Originally Posted by Linctex
How did you engineer the operation of the sequential turbos?

Are you using a stand-alone controller for the transmission shifting?

The gas flows from the small Borgwarner K27 then into the K31 and then out the exhaust. The air flows through the larger K31, through the K27, through the intercooler and into the blower. The transmission is controlled with the Oem Form TCM and is tuned with HPTuners.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Wow, neat swap! Seems tight in there, how will you change those two filters on the side? By removing the fender?

What was the original spec on the 6.4? I'd suspect uprsting it was part of its demise....

Unless you're routinely pulling very large loads, I doubt that 585 ft lbs will be an issue...

Thanks, It's very tight getting this engine in the engine bay. The fuel filters are easy to get to and don't require taking any body parts off to change. This is half the power my 6.4 is but like you say won't be a problem unless I'm towing. The 6.4 is a nice engine when it's running, but in my case the fuel system started failing and taking out the injectors. I could have fixed it, but decided to use my truck to swap this engine into.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
That's any diesel fan's number #1 swap choice! Living the dream! What trans?

It's the Ford 5R110.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back