best brand loaded strut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by perfect_oil
Originally Posted by willbur
In my experience, these springs settle down after some miles and ride height is fine. You are probably comparing ride height of the new springs vs. the old somewhat sagging springs.

I did extensive product research before buying my front struts. All the reviews I've read say the springs in the quick struts never settle down. In the end, I'm glad I kept my old springs because the ride height with the new KYB front struts is perfect. The old springs were never sagging anyway. The struts were just worn out.

I always use to use Monroe and they always settle down after a while. Maybe the reviews you're reading are off. I just put in a set of aftermarket springs on my Mercedes, it actually took over a month for them to settle down. Usually with Monroe, it only took a couple weeks for the springs to settle down. Then again it depends on the application, some of those are one size fits all so maybe the quick struts are fine on one line of cars but not the other even though they may fit. Still I wish I could get quick struts for my Mercedes. They only made around 50k cars a year and there was a luxury version, sport version and 4matic/rwd so there's like 3 different types of springs you could have so all you can get aftermarket is the Sachs struts but you're stuck with OEM springs.

I remember then gabriel were some of the worst quality shocks and struts out there. bobbing and weaving like drunken sailor in 15K miles. They may be good now just like fram used to be crap, and are now good. I probably will not use that brand now just becasue of the bad thast they left in the early 90's

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back