The New Ford Ranger Was Outsold By The Notably Ancient Nissan Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by nthach
If you use the truck for it's intended purpose like you do,go ahead and get the fully loaded one, it's guys in brodozers(usually lifted Super Duties or Silverado/Sierra/Ram HDs with the PSD/Dmax/Cummins) out rolling coal or buying the nicest truck but not using it for much more than a mall cruiser I have an issue with.

Buddy of mine lives in a really nice suburb and you see more King Ranch or Platinum F-150s at their local mall as there are Teslas, Lexuses and Range Rovers. Most of those trucks will never pull a trailer, go off road or haul anything more than maybe a few sacks of soil or cement.

Why do you have an issue with it? If someone is spending $50k+ on a vehicle they should get what they want, and for a lot of people that's a truck and not a luxury sedan/crossover.

If you use the truck for it's intended purpose like you do,go ahead and get the fully loaded one, it's guys in brodozers(usually lifted Super Duties or Silverado/Sierra/Ram HDs with the PSD/Dmax/Cummins) out rolling coal or buying the nicest truck but not using it for much more than a mall cruiser I have an issue with.

Buddy of mine lives in a really nice suburb and you see more King Ranch or Platinum F-150s at their local mall as there are Teslas, Lexuses and Range Rovers. Most of those trucks will never pull a trailer, go off road or haul anything more than maybe a few sacks of soil or cement.

I'm relieved that we have your blessing...

Why do you "have an issue" with how anyone lives their life? Why is it any of your business?

Originally Posted by 02SE

Why do you "have an issue" with how anyone lives their life? Why is it any of your business?

Sounds like he's insecure about people buying what they want with their money.

Don't know about that … but sorry to hear that folks have an issue with me owning a pickup - but not a company to go with it.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Who cares what people drive? I only care how they drive/park it if it impacts my ability to drive/park safely.

It's human nature to complain about something.

So earlier you mentioned a Lexus or Ranger Rover. What is their intended purpose? Could you get by with a Fusion or a Malibu?

You don't know what people do with their trucks, what are you following them around to make sure they are being used for their intended purpose?

Your buddy does not sound like he has a brodoozer. Sounds like he just likes having a truck that can do the things he needs.

Originally Posted by Pew

I'm starting to think that deep down, they're just jealous. They'll never admit that, but it's there
21.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Pew

I'm starting to think that deep down, they're just jealous. They'll never admit that, but it's there
21.gif

I wouldn't mind a F-150 Lariat or a Tundra Limited personally. I'm not at that phase of my life for a truck but I personally object to the idea of a truck being seen or used like a luxury car. I mean there's nothing wrong inherently with a F-150 Platinum/Silverado High Country/or a Ram Bighorn but the idea of an expensive truck just doesn't click in my head.

Like I said, I want luxury and a car that even tickles me with a feather, I'll buy a Lexus, Range Rover or Model X. I know someone who just bought a Silverado 2500HD Dmax/Allison with all the options. I know he will put that truck to good use on his hunting and ski trips. Not just to look cute at the Costco or Home Depot parking lot.

Last edited:
I own an older 2WD Ranger (2006) and the only truck available new that interests me is the Frontier.

Since Nissan didn't change the model, it's still small enough to be useable and since it's an outdated truck, it's relatively cheap.

Here in Canada, the new Ranger starts north of $30K. It's also too close in size to a full size, just like Chevrolet's Colorado.

The Tacoma may be an excellent truck, but as of 2020, we in Canada have no longer access to the 4 cyl nor the 2WD versions, therefore the truck starts at $38K. Lost interest since I won't pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back