SPOTLIGHT ON ELECTRIC VEHICLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode for the first time ever in a Prius late model, it was interesting. Decent ride and quiet.

We had a 2012 Leaf for a few months , until it was totaled , rear ended . Very nice , very quiet car . We liked it . Was my Wife's in town car .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
We had a 2012 Leaf for a few months , until it was totaled , rear ended . Very nice , very quiet car . We liked it . Was my Wife's in town car .

If you liked it, why didn't you buy another?

Originally Posted by Burt
Originally Posted by WyrTwister

If you liked it, why didn't you buy another?

In many areas the license fee for a BEV or even hybrid is more expensive than the annual fuel costs to run a regular gas economy car.

My own state charges 2.5 times more registration costs for my 20 year old economy car that can't even plug in than my pickup . The fee for a plug in is much higher still.

It's extremely short sighted and stupid and needless to say I'm putting on non-expiring collector plates ASAP .
But many people I know are getting rid of their plug ins and hybrids because of the fee. It just doesn't make economic sense to pay what equates to a fine on a car that gets no better economy than another that doesn't pay the fee.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2400260096732566&id=151119378313327

Heck the 2020 Silverado is 30mpg rated, might as well trade the economy car for a truck given the licensing fees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back