200K Miles too many buying a used Honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it is. I'm going to run my '99 Camry for a while to go, it was (and still is) quite rust-free, and relatively easy to work on, so I suspect many repairs will be easy on it. I do get envious of all the people on here who get 30+ mpg in their SUV's and pickups while I am getting just at 30mpg, but I know the economics say otherwise (how much is that monthly payment vs what I would save on gas?).

But I'm still planning on ditching my truck before too long. I shudder at what any repair will cost that I can't do myself. I just haven't figured out what to replace it with, kinda want it all... you know, 4WD, towing, etc.

not many pickups out there getting 30mpg! We just hear the "best" figures, and in this case it's diesels with factory tires, at the most. CUVs - ok - I can see that. Wife's CRV averages 27.

But - for me, I'd rather be in a camry than a CUV, personal preference. There's a lot to like about the camry. I test drove a '14 4-cyl with my son and it gave me the car itch bad. In many ways, that '14 out-volvo'd my volvo. I was really impressed.

Thanks for everyone's input. I have held off and didn't buy anything for now. My wife and I still have two reliable cars. I thought about just buying good snow tires for her car rather than trying to find a vehicle with AWD. I still check facebook marketplace and craigslist daily for a CRV/RAV4/or similar vehicle.

What turned me off most was the need for premium gas and the poor gas mileage. I truly believe it was well taken care of by the carfax report.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Winter tires will help a ton but for whatever reason minivans are disadvantaged it seems vs FWD vehicles.

My VW Jetta Wagon was in the same boat. Head up a hill and the extra weight on the rear was of no help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back