Amplifier shipping nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
After school let out I ordered a new Orion amplifier for my car. After I placed the order they called me informing that the amp I ordered was out of stock and they did not know when it would be back in stock due to "communication issues with Orion" or something stupid like that.

They offered to send me a similarly performing amp for no extra cost (also a higher build quality one, American Bass brand which would match my subs) so I agreed and thought it would be fine after that. They said it would take a week to ship out which was fine.

A week goes by and I do not have my amp. I check the package tracking number, somehow it ended up in New York, whoever had got it refused delivery, and it got sent back to them.

I call them up and they ship out another one.

Another week goes by and I have nothing. I check the tracking, this one ended up at a hotel in Dayton and got sent back to them.

I call them again. I told them I would most likely be at work any time the UPS truck would come to my house (I work 8:45-4:30 and UPS usually delivers around noon here) and asked them if they could just drop it off and not require a signature.

They told me they need a signature so they know I got it and I don't try to do a chargeback. Understandable, but incredibly inconvenient for me. I told my Mom if it arrived while I was at work to just forge my signature for me if it came to that.

They had offered to ship it to my work but I know that wouldn't work because my manager would definitely not like that, plus I have no way of knowing if I'd be there when it arrives as my schedule is randomized weekly.

We go ahead and try to ship it to my house again and same thing happens. I don't even remember where this one ended up at but there was no attempt to get it in the general direction of where I live.

I call them again and let them know what happened. I said something along the lines of, and maaaybe with a few expletives that I did not include here, "You have managed to ship a package to the wrong address 3 times now, I live in Ohio, American Bass is housed in Ohio, either just let me drive out and pick up my amplifier from them directly or give me a refund!"

I ended up getting a refund and just buying my amplifier on Amazon and got it in 3 days no problems...

I mean seriously, how hard is it to ship a package to the correct address?

Last edited:
If there were any stores left anywhere, you could go and physically buy the thing.

We just have WorstBuy in Salem and some nasty place on the seacoast: State Street Discount.

I have my stuff shipped to the work dock and the receiver/material handler brings it to me when it arrives
smile.gif

Just forgot I'm retired.

The Walmarts around here only carry lower-end Pioneer/Dual crap and Best Buy only has Kicker amps, and the two real "install shops" locally where I am are grossly overpriced.

I don't think "signature required" means anything anymore with UPS unless it's a high-value item, which I think UPS classifies as $2500+. This has been the case for quite a while and they even dropped signatures for business address deliveries.

Anyway, from the looks of it, that's a moot point anyway 'cause they're not capable of addressing it properly anyway.

I imagine you will always have an angst against UPS from now on. FedEx, Amazons own delivery service and USPS screw up, too, no one is perfect.
Disclaimer: I work for UPS

I don't have an angst against UPS, I receive packages through them regularly as well as USPS, FedEx and even DHL occasionally. I order a lot of stuff online
lol.gif

I think the addressing issue was with this particular car audio dealer I was going through because the one I received through Amazon came via UPS.

Have had a problem for the last 3 years with packages addressed to 10 court being left at my door which is 10 way. I've always walked the packages the short distance to deliver them to the rightful owner. The folks at 10 court however are Omaha steaks fans(large insulated coolers) and the other day I finally got fed up and called Amazon customer service. "No problem" they told me, just discard the items and they'll ship a new item tomorrow and ensure it gets delivered correctly to the proper address. I'm hoping they order tomahawk steaks next. I'm all done with the rib eyes and burgers!

It makes you wonder, did UPS screw this up this many times or is the seller incompetent, OR is the seller just screwing with you? I mean selling an out of stock item in the first place is extremely bad form.

Offering a different amp, may not be an ideal solution. They could have issued the refund them you could repurchase so you have a normal, valid receipt for warranty and proof of ownership reasons. Maybe they can handle that online correctly, to have a correct looking receipt for the make/model received, but I wouldn't count on it if they can't even maintain stock status on their site. It could have even been a deliberate bait and switch, that they don't even carry the amp you ordered so it is easy for them to offer it a little cheaper than other places because they don't actually have any.

You should have mentioned the seller's name so we can all avoid them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Have had a problem for the last 3 years with packages addressed to 10 court being left at my door which is 10 way. I've always walked the packages the short distance to deliver them to the rightful owner. The folks at 10 court however are Omaha steaks fans(large insulated coolers) and the other day I finally got fed up and called Amazon customer service. .... I'm hoping they order tomahawk steaks next. I'm all done with the rib eyes and burgers!

Omaha steaks = Yucch!

Originally Posted by Dave9
It makes you wonder, did UPS screw this up this many times or is the seller incompetent...

UPS delivers millions of packages daily and yeah, they do make mistakes, but no way are they mis-routing the OP's shipments multiple times that happen to come from the same vendor. Definitely sounds like the seller is incompetent but even then, how are they using three (??) different addresses for the same order ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back