Mecum Auction From PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone watch any of this auction? I recorded the 1st 2 days of it and watched the next 2. They will wrap it up Sunday evening at 8 PM-10 PM CST.
Did y'all see that 1967 L88 Vette? I think "The Bid Goes On" was at $1.7 million. The Richard Petty cars were pretty cool too.
Monterrey is in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see the cars in that one!

Ya I watched most of it. Some of those older racecar's went way too cheap. I wish I the money........A Lot of those Sox&Martin/**** Landy cars would've been mine.

I have a poster of the 68 Sox & Martin Barracuda in my garage. IMO the most beautiful drag racing car ever. The 70 Petty Super bird didn't sell at 3.5 million and was the only car from this collection with a reserve. A friend in high school who's dad owned Southern Chrysler Plymouth, supplied cars to Petty Enterprises for years. He often had Pettys race cars on display in the showroom. I was with him the day he ordered a 70 Cuda and he begged his dad to let him order the Hemi but his dad would only let him order it with the 383.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I wonder if the 1967 L88 Vette sold? The bid goes on was at $1.7 million.
confused2.gif

I searched the Mecum Pa auction and couldn't find the 67 L88. I don't know if it sold or not. The very first L88 is going to be auctioned at Mecum Monterrey in a couple of weeks. If you go to Mecums site, they give an in-depth history of the 1st L88 car as well as many pics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back